"Wild and Exuberant… the Beaches of Careyes will Captivate your Senses!"
Costa Careyes is located on the southern coast of the State of Jalisco, about a 1-hour drive from Manzanillo or 3 hours south of Puerto Vallarta.
Oh, the beaches! The pristine beaches – most of them completely wild – are places where one can walk for miles and miles without meeting a soul. Wild and exuberant – the beaches here reflect the power of nature. They will captivate your senses and imprint the moment in your memory forever.
Nature is ever-present in Careyes – but don’t expect it to be manicured except in the incredible gardens of each home. Walk along the endless beaches, hike the infinite trails and feast your eyes on the multitude of birds and other harmless creatures that may visit you along the way. Dive in the ocean’s virgin waters or take a boat trip and fish the giant tunas that inhabit these seas.
But, above all, enjoy the superbly-appointed and impeccably-serviced homes! Few destinations offer such a diverse, tasteful blend of architectural works of art as these original, risqué masterpieces.
Careyes has been a hotspot on the Mexican vacation map since 1968. Today, it’s a glamourous destination for the international jet-set and glitterati. Careyes offers a variety of first-class accommodations ranging from bungalows to the famous “Castles” – large estates in prime destinations – all with ample privacy for their salubrious clientele.
The community includes an established Polo Club and a town center with an art gallery, shops and restaurants.
Things heat up socially here from November to May with an animated social scene. But don’t let yourself be awed by the slew of international celebrities. Although glamorous, Careyes is a place that is very laid back. People greet one another in a friendly, relaxed manner – no tags, stereotypes or social stratification here! It’s all about enjoying life in a deliciously bohemian and natural way.
- On the Pacific Coast of Mexico
- 3 hours from Puerto Vallarta
- 1 hour from Manzanillo
- Water sports: Surfing, SUP, diving, spear fishing, snorkeling, deep sea fishing, kayaking and sailing.
- Polo: Watch a polo match or play a game yourself on the perfectly-manicured polo fields of the Careyes Polo Club. It offers 60 ponies that are ready to go – so take advantage and go for a riding lesson or even a chukka.
- Golf: Tee off at El Tamarindo, a beautiful golf course situated within a 2000-acre natural reserve. Located about halfway between Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo, it offers great golf and stunning vistas of the Pacific.
- Beach: There are three beaches on this tiny bay, but the blue-green waters of Playa Rosa deserve a special mention.
- Horseback Riding: The Careyes Polo Club offers riding lessons, horseback riding and other equestrian activities.
- Human Connections: The community is home to the Careyes Foundation, an institution devoted to improving the well-being of local communities through educational, sports, ecological and art programs.