Central Algarve – Porches, Benagil, Carvoeiro and Ferragudo
"Where the past and present rub shoulders and luxury beach and golf getaways reign supreme." - Reviewed by Lisa
ON-BOARDING STUNNING NEW PROPERTIES AS WE SPEAK!
Got a beautiful property in Central Algarve – Porches, Benagil, Carvoeiro and Ferragudo?. Click here.
Looking to book a luxury getaway? Click here.
The entire sandy coastline of Central Algarve is a heaven for beach lovers, warm-weather seekers, golfers, hikers, water sport enthusiasts and those looking for a combo of culture mixed with pleasure pursuits. Expect soaring cliffs, white-washed villages, rare rock formations, and golden sand.
In Central Algarve, days on the beach alternate with world-class golfing challenges, evenings of casual to fine dining; there’s always something along this golden stretch of coast to make everybody happy.
Porches is renowned for its magnificent golden cliffs and world-class resorts. Once prominent for its intricate ceramics, today Porches has plenty of outlets to see handmade pottery being painted and glazed.
Spend days beachside and evenings dining at Michelin starred restaurants, with world-renowned resorts in the hood expect gourmet festivals to musical soirees and topflight wine tasting opportunities.
A tiny cove in a curvy road, the area is legendary for its dramatic caves and coves. Touring boats leave from a small beachside harbour and days on the ocean deliver Instagram-worthy memories.
The perfect horseshoe-shaped town of Carvoeiro fringes a beautiful beach surrounded by nature reserves and peaceful places ideal for cliff-top hikes, horseback nature trails, bird watching and boundless opportunities to connect with the great outdoors.
Picture postcard charming, this quaint and colourful fishing village with its delightful name offers steep twisty streets, curious restaurants and magnificent vistas. On the banks of the Arade river, the views over Portimão are spectacular. Make sure you try the celebrated local mussels from the local riverbed!
- 40-50 minutes’ drive to Faro International Airport
- About 2.5-3 hours from Lisbon International Airport
- 12-18 minutes’ drive to the town of Portimão (depending on destination)
EXPERIENCES IN CENTRAL ALGARVE
- Beaches – Innumerable coves and long stretches of pure golden sand.
- Water sports – Every water sport imaginable: jet ski, parasailing, flyboard, diving, kayaking, canoeing, surfing, fishing, and sailing.
- Boat trips – The absolutely best way to enjoy the spectacular scenery. Explore caves and grottoes and watch the dolphins as they frolic about in the beautiful bays.
- Gastronomy – A magnitude of restaurants offering Michelin Starred dining to locally caught fresh fish to Indian, Thai and Irish! Fresh river Mussels and Grilled Chicken from Guia (with or without Piri Piri Sauce) take centre stage
- Golf – Dozens of courses to choose from and sunny days most of the year, Central Algarve is a top-notch golf destination.
- Shopping – Plenty of places to spend money offering local products, handicrafts, tasteful jewellery, art galleries and much more. Do not overlook the local food markets either, which are brimming with local organic produce perfect for every at home chef!