Vila Vita Parc
"It Started with a Love Affair..." - Reviewed by Lisa
This is a first – creating a destination for one resort – sort of like listing Disneyworld for the well-heeled globe trotter.
Vila Vita Parc covers 22 clifftop hectares in the Algarve with lush, planned vegetation, low-rise, glossy buildings, shimmering pools, undulating lawns, ponds, waterways, concealed villas and suites, putting greens, 9-hole golf course and many, many other immaculate details.
The resort is actually located in Alporchinos in southern Portugal – a location better known for its hand-painted local pottery, sandy bay, gentle waves and relatively flat land.
I am not a lover of large resorts – in fact, I’ll go to great lengths to shy away from them. So, imagine my delight to find myself tearing along Algarve’s main highway to inspect private villas at a 22-hectare resort. I was nothing short of indignant… until Francisco disarmed me with his charm and toothy grin as he gallantly opened the car door upon my arrival.
A golf cart (they call them buggies here) swept me away to my Oasis Park suite and I was given a quick summary of the resort’s 10 restaurants, spa and health club facilities, adult-only and child-friendly pools……..really, how long did I have to stay here?
What took place over the next 48 hours was a renewed awakening to the use of the words attention, service and quality. To use my best British vernacular, I was “flabbergasted” and “gob-smacked”… and I fell completely and utterly in love! It seemed as if every gardener, waiter and pool attendant knew my name and was genuinely happy to see me -that famous Portuguese smile and humility mixed with an intense pride and hospitality.
But it isn’t just the super-appropriate staff, It is the incredibly efficient manner in which everything runs – the smallest attention to detail in everything from cleanliness to gastronomy to interior design. This, of course, comes from the German side of the partnership.
Twenty-five years or so ago, a German named Dr. Pohl also fell in love. He bought the land and started turning this magnificent golden-cliffed spot into the first-class resort that it has become. It’s clear to see that Dr. Pohl’s vision has been a labour of love for his continuing family members and the wonderful staff – many of whom are the original veterans.
I am so excited at the possibility of exposing this simply marvelous place to Tripwix travelers! I know that a stay in any of the villas we represent here will be the first of many. For any sun, sea, luxe-loving gourmand who appreciates the quality of detail and service – the love affair has only just started.
- 10 min town of Porches
- 1 hr to Lagos International Airport
- 3 hrs to Lisbon
- Six bars
- 10 restaurants: Ranging from casual beachside dining to rustic Portuguese including a 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Flavours span the globe, from sun-drenched Mediterranean produce to clean and crisp Japanese cuisine. Plus an impressive wine cellar – stocked with more than 11,000 bottles!
- Spa and Wellness: Take your pick from a range of well-being therapies and beauty treatments.
- Delfim Health Club: Offers top-of-the-range fitness facilities including an indoor lap pool which also features an open-air section and fully-equipped EnerGym and yoga studio.
- Golf: Vila Vita has its own 9-hole golf course, Crazy Golf and Pitch ‘n Putt.
- Sailing: Use of the private yacht.
- Plus 24/7 butler service and beach service on the beach throughout the summer.