"The Perfect Destination for the Whole Family." - Reviewed by Lisa
ONBOARDING STUNNING NEW PROPERTIES AS WE SPEAK! CALL FOR DETAILS.
- Lisa says: “The architecture is enchanting. Interesting local specialty shops, too.”
- Miguel says: “A great opportunity to sample some top-notch wines.”
- Francisco says: “Lots to do with the kids and some incredibly beautiful properties to stay in.”
- Aaron says: “So many great beach activities – the kids were in heaven! Gotta love those sardine shacks on the beach – super cool!”
The delightful village of Azeitão has a lot to offer. Just wandering the narrow streets soaking up the vistas of pretty houses and palaces with their delightful fairy-tale architecture and indigo-blue embellishments makes us smile. Add in the number of really good local restaurants, the specialty shops and, of course, the opportunity to try some of the country’s best Moscatel wines and you have the perfect destination for the whole family.
Did I mention the beaches and the golf? With Troia just down the road boasting some 18 kms of white, sandy, uninterrupted beach, some of the cleanest bathing conditions in the country and the nearby 18-hole Robert Trent Jones links course – you have all the ingredients for a perfect family vacation.
- 45 minutes by car from Lisbon
- 20 minutes by car from Setúbal
- 60 minutes by car from Troia
- Shopping – Azulejos de Azeitão is a great place to stop if you’re eager to get your hands on some of those lovely decorative Portuguese tiles seen throughout the country.
- Wine quintas – There are a variety of excellent wine-producing facilities located around the town.
- Azeitão cheese – This is a typical creamy cheese made with raw sheep milk. The mild climate and abundant pastures make this the perfect place to produce this local delicacy.
- Walking and biking tours – The perfect location for sightseeing – where you can see windmills, archaeological treasures and great panoramic views of Setubal Bay.
- Golf – Multiple golf courses in the area. Considered one of the country’s most difficult courses, Troia Golf Course will wind you through acres of cork and olive trees.
- Water Sports – Beach volleyball, kitesurfing, swimming, sailing, windsurfing and scuba. A sailing school and a scuba-diving school offer the perfect opportunity for learning or advancing your water sports’ skills.