“Medieval Charm and History Come Alive.” - Reviewed by Lisa
ONBOARDING STUNNING NEW PROPERTIES AS WE SPEAK! CALL FOR DETAILS.
- Francisco says: “The literary fair is a great time to visit.”
- Lisa says: “Make sure you try the Alheiras (chicken sausages) at O Pretensioso”
Óbidos is an ancient walled village, complete with a castle and narrow cobblestone lanes lined with whitewashed homes and bougainvillea. It was an important medieval fishing and trading port, and in 1282 AD, the King of Portugal, Don Dinis, gave Óbidos to his new wife Dona Isabel as a wedding gift. The town is a kilometre north of the ruins of a Roman town, Eburobrittium.
- 56 min from Lisbon
- 55 min from Lisbon Airport
- 20 min from Peniche
- Sightseeing – Visit nearby UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Monastery of Alcobaça, Monastery of Batalha and the Convent of Christ in Tomar.
- Water sports – The Óbidos Lagoon is an aquatic playground, where you can enjoy wakeboarding, stand-up-paddling, diving, canoeing, fishing and sailing.
- Boat trips – Take a boat trip around the lagoon for some amazing bird watching.
- Gastronomy – Be sure to visit one of the charming local restaurants offering excellent meals in traditional cottage settings.
- Cooking classes – Take a cooking class and learn how to make some delicious Portuguese fare. See our Boho Chic package at the Rio do Prado Hotel.
- Golf – The Evolutee Royal Óbidos Spa & Golf Resort is a top-ranked, world-class golf course offering exceptional views of the Atlantic Ocean and Lagoa de Óbidos.
- Spa – Relax, unwind and let your stress slip away. Let yourself be pampered at nearby spas such as the Elements Spa and Health Club at the Evolutee Hotel and at Rio do Prado Hotel. .
- Lazing on the beach – The nearby beaches, including Bom Sucesso with its golden sand and high cliffs, are not to be missed.