Los Alburejos, Cádiz, Spain
“A World-class Facility Offering Traditional Excellence in the Horse and Bull-breeding Worlds.” - Reviewed by Lisa
“The farm that’s called ‘Los Alburejos’. Ancient name. Name that came from afar. Story of the land offered to the farm hands as payment for their fidelity to the warrior friars. “Alburejos” they like to say means lucky. My luck, to live on this land between two seas. Close to Jerez, close to Cadiz. In the shade of Medina Sidonia. Low Andalucia they call it. Andalucia the beautiful and fertile. Cork oaks, holm oaks and cork trees as far as a mirrorless sun. Where the brave bulls are born, the horses which dance. The most famous wine and the best friends in the world. Land of smell, color and taste. Land of the five senses.” Alvaro Domecq
This sprawling, immaculate “finca” is the life work of D. Alvaro Domecq, creator of the Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art in 1973. His home, his passion, his love of his native Andalucia and all that it offers can be witnessed here in this impeccable establishment.
This is the ideal venue for those who want a first-class glimpse into the authentic world of Andalucia. Anybody with a passion for horses, country life or all things Spanish will be mesmerized by the incredible talent used for training the magnificent horses and the brave bulls.
The art form of the riders, the skill, the timing and the precision… Witness history, talent and tradition and take home memories of another Spain, a Spain that lives on in the heart of Andalucia.
Los Alburejos is a stunning backdrop for weddings, events, shows and retreats. With superb catering possibilities, lighting and sound expertise, the most spectacular functions can be staged.
We will introduce you to the world of the field, the bull and the horse.
- Famous Torrestrella bulls graze and breed here
- Horses are trained in the art of rejoneo.*
- Magnificent stables
- Covered bullring
- Reception courtyard
- Audience participation in selected activities
- Bullfighting museum with Domecq family authentic memorabilia
- Orchestrated activities on site
- The Art of Rejoneo – Bullfighting on horseback
- Tienta – Takes place in the bullpens, calves are tested for selection with a rejoneo display.
- Bullfighting Demonstrations – Experience the art and drama of the sport in these shows where the bull is not harmed.
- Virgen del Recuerdo – The Domecq bullfighting museum.
- Acoso and Derribo (weather permitting) – A rural sport that takes place in the open field.
- Equestrian Show – With dancing horses.
- Visit the Farm – See the bulls, mares and foals in their natural habitat.
- Team-building games – Ideal for corporate events. Please call for more details.
Event Co-ordination: TRIPWIX has built a directory of excellent local service providers. We are here to help you put together the perfect event!
- Equipment rentals
- DJs and/or live musicians
- Decoration services
- Floral services
- Transportation services
- Other services may be available – just ask!