Punta de Mita Area
"Great Restaurants, Surf Breaks and Luxury Villas" - Reviewed by Lisa
The fishing village of Punta de Mita, Mexico has long been known as an international surf spot. These days, though, the area offers so much more. The village is home to restaurants catering to all tastes from traditional Mexican to Southern Italian to Sushi. There are trendy boutiques, surf shops and art galleries and outdoor activities galore.
“We have decided that we no longer need to make the long trip to Hawaii – Punta Mita is our new favorite vacation spot..”
Craig from Edmonton
The area has become better known for its 5-star, world-class gated community – Punta Mita, an exclusive private peninsula located on the northern end of beautiful Banderas Bay. This enclave offers 9-1/2 miles of virtually uninterrupted, pristine, sandy beaches along the wide, blue Pacific Ocean and an almost perfect year-round climate.
Security is a prime focus – the overall development offers 24/7 gated and patrolled security. But each community within the greater development has its own carefully guarded and secured boundaries as well.
The master development encompasses 2 world-class, Jack Nicklaus golf courses, including the famous “Tail of the Whale Par 3”. It is home to both the Four Seasons Punta Mita Resort as well as the lovely St. Regis Hotel and Spa. You will find two spectacular residents’ beach clubs with pools, dining facilities and much more, along with a tennis centre and miles of beautiful hiking and biking trails.
You will find incredibly high levels of accommodation in each of the following neighborhoods within the gates:
- El Anclote/Emiliano Zapata a.k.a. Punta de Mita Village – Two side-by-side villages comprise the commercial district of the Punta de Mita area. They offer shopping, boutiques, groceries, condo buildings and colourful restaurants.
- El Encanto – Single-story sumptuous apartments and private villas located on and around Bahia Golf Course. Each unit has its own private plunge pool and Jacuzzi.
- Four Seasons Private Villas – Four Seasons Hotel-branded 4 and 5-bedroom private homes perched on a breezy hillside offering spectacular ocean views and use of all hotel facilities.
- Hacienda de Mita Condominiums – Spacious apartments located in 3 or 4-story buildings. Each building has its own communal pool as well as a shared pool at the community beach club.
- Lagos del Mar – An exclusive lake and golf course community with unencumbered views of the Jack Nicklaus Pacifico Golf Course.
- Kupuri Estates – Kupuri Estates offers one of the prettiest sandy beaches around and jaw-dropping views – the best in jungle living with all the modern comforts of an exclusive gated community.
- La Punta Estates – Exquisite homes on 1-acre lots with spectacular views of the Marietta Islands
- Las Palmas Golf Homes – Bright and airy townhomes with private pools located on the 3rd and 4th fairways of the Jack Nicklaus Pacifico Golf Course.
- Las Terrazas – Airy 3 and 4-bedroom apartments sharing a community pool.
- Pacifico Estates – These privileged west-facing homes guarantee some of the best views of Punta Mita’s famed sunsets over the ocean, claiming front row vistas of the magnificent finishing hole (18th fairway) of the Jack Nicklaus Pacifico Golf Course.
- Porta Fortuna – This exclusive community is delineated by two golf fairways and the Pacific Ocean offering spectacular views of the fairways and Banderas Bay.
- Ranchos Estates – One-acre lots of sandy beachfront and world-class, luxurious homes
Also included in our listings are some equally stunning homes and luxury condos within a short distance of the Punta Mita Residential Community:
- Los Veneros – Luxury condos with breathtaking views in a low-impact gated community surrounded by lush, manicured gardens and walking trails.
- Pontoquito Estates – Single-story sumptuous apartments and private villas located on and around Bahia Golf Course. Each unit has its own private plunge pool and Jacuzzi.
- Punta del Burro – A high-end luxury retreat that is also home to one of the best surfing spots in the world!
- 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- 4-hour drive from Guadalajara
EXPERIENCES IN PUNTA DE MITA
- Water sports: Surfing, SUP, spear-fishing, diving, snorkeling, parasailing, deep sea fishing, kayaking, sailing, and whale watching (November-March)
- Holistic therapies: This is the ideal location to indulge in personal well-being – body healing, acupuncture, a relaxing massage at home or at the beach to the sound of the lapping waves, spas, yoga and a fitness centre
- World-class golf: Two 18-hole Jack Nicklaus courses, Bahia and Pacifico with its challenging Par 3 hole – The Tail of the Whale.
- Tennis: Peter Burwash International Tennis Centre
- Hiking and biking: Miles of safe trails to explore
- Beach Clubs: 2 private residents’ beach clubs
- Equestrian activities: Olympic-sized dressage arena, world-class equitation instruction, trail rides, jungle rides.
- And ATVS and zip lining on your doorstep!