Charming Douro Valley Family Home with Daily Breakfast
“Regional Portuguese hospitality at its finest.” - Reviewed by Lisa
There is a saying that travelling is the best form of education, and we believe that a stay in this cleverly converted schoolhouse will be the best way for you to discover all the joys and delights that abound in the Douro Valley.
With incomparable views across the steeped terraces of the valley, there is no denying that every guest will let loose their inner student to embrace the task of learning how to unwind and relax at this vintage property with a contemporary twist.
The clean lines of the architecture help to draw the eye to the reason you’re here – the magnificent views of the Douro Valley that are ever-present from all the rooms and the peaceful garden and pool area.
With quirky design details – reminiscent of days in the classroom and lots of modern comforts – days and nights take on a tranquil tone of pampering and relaxing. The magnificent daily breakfast – prepared lovingly with local ingredients – sets the pace for deciding between a more energetic day of hiking and vineyard visits or a less strenuous few laps in the magnificent pool and then a good book in the shade of an olive tree.
- Swimming pool with magnificent views (heated €)
- Private and secluded
- Excellent Douro Valley location
- Exceptional Daily Breakfast
- Fully fitted and equipped kitchen
- Games room with pool table and sound system
- Safety deposit box
- Satellite TV with 85 channels
- Parking spot
- Air conditioning/Heating
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
We loved the comfortable simplicity of each room, warm and cozy on cooler nights but light and bright and beckoning of all the great daytime adventures to be had in the magnificent outdoors.
Each room offers access to an exterior space with two master suites showcasing panoramic vistas from their private balconies.
Two additional beds can be added to bedroom 2 upon prior request.
MASTER BEDROOM 1
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Private bathroom with shower. Access to a private balcony with panoramic valley views. Extra sofa-bed.
Sleeps 2 – Two Twin Beds. Private bathroom with shower. Access to a balcony.
Sleeps 2 – 4 – Queen size bed + Sleeper sofa. Private bathroom with shower. Access to a balcony and valley views.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Private bathroom with shower. Access to a private balcony with panoramic valley views.
ALL BEDROOMS HAVE HOTEL-QUALITY SHEETS AND TOWELS, POOL TOWELS, TOILETRIES, SATELLITE TV, WIFI, SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, HAIRDRYER, A/C, HEATING.
Warm wooden floors and white walls create the perfect backdrop for comfortable modern furnishings in a neutral palette. Schoolhouse collections and pops of colour are introduced through fun accessories and books. Wherever you look the large plate glass windows magnify the real décor highlight: the magnificent views and the ever-changing hues of the greens and blues of the dramatic landscape outside the window.
An oval dining table is ready to host a myriad of local gastronomic feasts from a delicious daily breakfast to a private wine pairing dinner hosted by a well-known local enologist.
Rental Price Includes
- Welcome bottle of port
- Daily continental breakfast
Know Before You Go
- We absolutely loved the fantastic daily breakfast with all the wonderful homemade options.
- The housekeeper is available to cook regional specialty dinners at an additional cost. (€) We highly recommend this service.
- Neighboring 3-bedroom home is available for larger groups
- Heated pool available from May to October, upon prior request
- Chef for meals in the villa (€)
- Dinner with a wine expert available (€)
- The owner is very enthusiastic to show off the best the area has to offer and can easily organize typical Portuguese music, dancing and “folklore” shows (€) in addition to lots of regional activities and tours (€)
Staff and Services
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Highchairs and cribs
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Wine tastings, vineyard visits, Spa treatments, gastronomy, kayaking, sightseeing, restaurants, walking, cycling, Archaeological Park of the Côa Valley, Picnics, Wine tasting dinners with local oenologist, cooking classes, photography classes, river rafting, river fishing, sailing, Riverboat trips
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- In-villa chef
- Regional tours and excursions
- Wine dinners
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Other services may be available – just ask!