Outstanding Contemporary Comporta Home Immersed in Nature
"This contemporary home infused with the aroma of nature is a delight for the senses!" - Reviewed by Rita
Set amongst a dense nature reserve that spans 12 hectares filled with pine trees, this luxurious Comporta retreat is a stunning example of architecture that seamlessly fuses organic design elements with its natural surroundings.
Taking a contemporary approach to the traditional courtyard home, the infinity swimming pool and deck area take central stage, while the south facing living and bedroom areas develop around it to create several intimate spaces, each with its own outdoor access and decked patio.
The double-height, open plan living space is light-filled, serene and airy, with impressive floor-to-ceiling sliding and retractable glass doors that merge the indoor with the outside, flowing to the exterior living patio where you will find a fireplace and alfresco dining space.
The understated luxurious décor enhances the natural surroundings in complementary greens and blues, natural materials, floaty chandeliers by Arik Levy and a large indoor cactus. Comfortable low-slung sofas complete a playful scheme of scale and colour that will delight the senses!
- Private infinity pool (18 x 6m)
- Several outdoor terraces
- Sun loungers and parasols
- Outdoor shower
- Outdoor lounge with fireplace
- Al fresco dinning
- Private tennis court with adjacent living area
- Ping-Pong table
- Double-height ceilings
- Dining area
- Open-plan, fully fitted kitchen
- Breakfast bar
- Independent apartment
- Parking (8+ spaces)
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Privacy is a key element in this outstanding Comporta home for luxury rentals. A glass passage leads to the bedrooms, all located on the ground floor with en-suite bathrooms, each opening up to its own private decked terraces.
The principal suite is the only bedroom on the first floor, boasting a spectacular private terrace, an outdoor shower and a spacious bathtub overlooking the pine tree forest.
The minimalist décor is carried throughout the bedrooms in white-washed tones, clean lines, and mid-century modern design pieces.
All bedrooms feel like a haven away from day-to-day life where you can relax, watch nature and unwind.
MASTER SUITE – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Dressing room, minibar, underfloor heating and automated blind. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities, twin rain head showers and panoramic bathtub. Access to a private terrace and outdoor shower.
BEDROOM 2 – DOWNSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities and rain head and handheld shower. Private terrace.
BEDROOM 3 – DOWNSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and rain head and handheld showers. Private terrace and outdoor shower.
BEDROOM 4 – DOWNSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – Two Twin-beds. En-suite bathroom with vanity and rain head and handheld showers. Private terrace.
BEDROOM 5 – INDEPENDENT APARTMENT
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size bed + sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and rain head shower. Living area and fully equipped kitchenette. Access to private patio with table and two chairs.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE BLINDS CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, HAIR DRYER, A/C, HEATING AND WI-FI.
The open-plan living area and kitchen is coupled by a large limestone table that is perfect for a casual meals and gatherings or to host, or why not allow us to organise a private chef to provide a gourmet experience with fresh local produce.
Outdoor and indoor living spaces have been cleverly thought through, with a south-facing outdoor living room with fireplace, and the impressive slide-back glass doors opening up on the east and west to a wooden deck and infinity pool where there is a second dining area.
This is a place where architecture frames and enhances the beauty of the natural surroundings.
Rental Price Includes
- Housekeeping 6 times a week, 3 hours per day (except Sundays)
- Weekly linen and towel change
- Pool and Garden cleaning once a week
- 24/7 Ambassador service (concierge) / Concierge
- Itinerary planning, pre and post-arrival
Know Before You Go
- Rates based on maximum 10 guests. Can sleep two additional guests upon request (€). During low seasons, rentals for smaller parties may be considered upon request.
- Pool is unsupervised and measures 18x6m (depth from 1.50m – 2.00m) and features Roman steps
- Car recommended
- Reduced mobile connection inside the house.
- Due to the idyllic location in nature, there may be some mosquitos or insects; please make sure to wear mosquito protection at dusk and dawn.
- Although smoking is allowed outside, take special care as it is a possible fire hazard due to the natural surroundings (pine forest); for this same reason, no BBQs allowed.
- Comporta is a concept renowned for casual luxury, ideal for those who enjoy the simple things in life executed with elegance.
- Knowing the right people in Comporta will enhance your stay no end. The assistance of our local ambassador will make all the difference to your experience.
Staff and Services
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome.
- There are unprotected terraces in the property
- No safety fence around the pool
- Please contact us for details
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- each, horseback riding on the beach, wineries, dolphin watching, golf, bike riding, restaurants, shops
Additional Services ($€£)
- In-villa chef service
- Round-trip airport transportation
- In-villa spa service
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!
"More than a tourist destination, the Lisbon area is real with honest traditions. We are not Disney world, our culture dates back to 1143!"