Historic Douro Farmhouse with Indoor Pool and Modern Aesthetic
The indoor jacuzzi will take your breath away as you contemplate the countryside views. - Reviewed by Rita
Commanding a privileged location in Douro where Trás-os-Montes meets the world-renowned Alto-Douro wine region, this renovated historic farmhouse from the 19th century sits on stunning grounds surrounded by rolling countryside and an oak forest that connects to a lovely creek.
When the farmhouse was restored in 2010, it was transformed into a fabulous luxury rental home where its rustic exterior continues to blend with the natural surroundings, creating a harmonious and peaceful atmosphere that is perfect for a relaxing vacation in the Douro Valley region.
Inside, the home is beautifully designed with a modern, minimalist aesthetic that complements the traditional architecture. The spacious living areas are flooded with natural light, and the large windows offer breath-taking views of the surrounding landscape. In addition, the luxurious spa area and indoor swimming pool is sure to bring a smile, where you can relax in the jacuzzi with views of the countryside, sweat out the last residues of stress in the sauna and do your morning laps in the pool.
Outside, there are plenty of idyllic spaces to relax and unwind, including an outdoor kitchen and barbecue, and multiple spaces to lounge or dine, making it easy to socialize and enjoy alfresco meals with family and friends.
Overall, this Douro Valley rental home offers the perfect combination of natural beauty, luxury, and comfort, making it an ideal destination for those looking to escape to a peaceful and idyllic retreat.
- Historic building
- Indoor saltwater pool (solar panel heating)
- 9 hectares of private oak forest
- Panoramic countryside views
- Lounge terrace
- Fully equipped island kitchen
- Open plan interiors
- Outdoor living and dining
- Outdoor kitchen and BBQ
- Aperitifs room
- SONOS sound system
- Games room (pool table and bar)
- Portable movie projector
- TV and board games
- Ping pong table
- Spa with sauna and jacuzzi
- Large garden and vegetable patch
- Heating, A/C and Wi-fi throughout
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
This luxury rental home features 5 bedrooms and 2 sleeping areas providing ample space for 10-14 guests. The bedrooms are tastefully decorated and furnished with comfortable beds and linens, ensuring a restful night’s sleep.
MASTER SUITE 1 – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. TV, desk, walk-in closet and Marshall speaker. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities, walk-in shower and bathtub. Mountain view terrace.
MASTER SUITE 2 – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Desk, closet and Marshall speaker. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities, walk-in shower. and freestanding tub. Shared mountain view terrace.
MASTER SUITE 3 – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Closet and Marshall speaker. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities and walk-in shower. Mountain view
BEDROOM 4 – EAVES
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Clothes rack. Adjacent bathroom with twin vanities and walk-in shower shared with Bedroom 5 and Sleeping areas 6 and 7. Mountain view.
BEDROOM 5 – EAVES
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. Clothes rack. Adjacent bathroom with twin vanities and walk-in shower shared with Bedroom 4 and Sleeping areas 6 and 7. Mountain view.
SLEEPING AREA 6 – EAVES
Sleeps 2 – Two twin beds. Adjacent bathroom with twin vanities and walk-in shower shared with Bedrooms 4 and 5 and Sleeping area 7.
SLEEPING AREA 7 – EAVES
Sleeps 2 – Two twin beds. Adjacent bathroom with twin vanities and walk-in shower with Bedrooms 4 and 5 and Sleeping area 6.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE BLACK OUT BLINDS, CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, BATHROBES, HAIR DRYER, TOILETRIES, A/C, AND WI-FI.
This Douro Valley rental home features a variety of comfortable and stylish living areas, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the beautiful surroundings. One of the standout living areas is the rustic “aperitivo” room, which was once a wine cellar. This room has been transformed into a cozy and inviting space, featuring traditional stone walls and a rustic wooden ceiling, perfect for enjoying a glass of wine with friends and family.
The villa also has several lounge areas scattered around the garden and an outdoor kitchen and BBQ area. These outdoor living areas are perfect for enjoying the warm Douro Valley weather while taking in the stunning views.
The office/library is great for quite moments to read a book or any work that needs to be attended to, meanwhile the games room will keep the children and the child in you entertained.
Rental Price Includes
- Daily Housekeeping (am)
- Linen change according to guests’ needs
- 24/7 Ambassador service (concierge)
- Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
Know Before You Go
- Breakfast may be provided (€), please inquire in advance for arrangements.
- For a luxury experience, this home is best suited for up to 10 adults sleeping in 5 bedrooms; however, it can sleep up to 14 guests when using the additional sleeping area in the eaves of the roof. This area does not have any windows or closets, is separated by sliding does and shares a bathroom.
- Additional final cleaning costs are applied (€)
- As this home is located on the grounds of a working farm, there are farm animals and working personnel. Guests are asked to take special care while walking around the grounds to keep all gates closed.
- The indoor pool is heated with solar panels. Increase of temperature more than 28° (€) Please enquire
Staff and Services
- Chef’s menus and wine pairing (€)
- Laundry Service (€)
- Masseuse (€)
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- High-chairs available
- The outdoor grounds have slopes and old stone water mines, young guests should not be left unattended.
- Pet friendly
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Classic car rides (€), Touring the N2 road crossing the Douro area until Régua, Picnics(€), visits to Douro Valley wineries(€); Wine tastings(€), Gastronomic experiences with local biological vegetables & eggs and Maronesa beef (from farm to table (€), Pottery workshops, Massages (€), Golf
Additional Services ($€£)
- In-villa chef service
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!
Perfect ForCorporate eventsNatureFamiliesHikingTourist AttractionsWine LoversCulture LoversHistorical
“I want guests to experience the most exclusive services and experiences in Douro but still feeling like they are at home.”