Douro Valley Rental Home with Sweeping Vistas and Pool
"Wow, wow, wow! Views make you feel as if you are perched within a landscape oil painting, even in the kitchen!" - Reviewed by Deborah
An inspiration in the heart of the Douro Valley wine region, this modern rental home boasts the best of local traditions with all the comforts of contemporary living. Just a 5-minute walk and you are smack in the center of the small village of Provesende while the views perched up on the hill are sure to bring you closer to godliness and nature.
Indeed, as you might expect of a luxury Douro rental home, nature, terraced vineyards and a peek of the golden river take center stage. Floor-to-ceiling sliding doors blur the lines between indoors and out, allowing show-stopping views from virtually anywhere you might sip a glass of local wine or engage in laughter-filled conversations. At night, the sky’s the limit where the telescope puts you in touch with the furthest galaxies after a busy day wine-tasting, hiking or relaxing by the pool.
Here, the seclusion and the sheer silence punctuated by birdsong ignites all the other senses too: the garden’s enchanting aromas, the taste of morning dew, the gentle breeze on your skin wet from the saltwater pool.
A top choice for those seeking privacy and the kind of vacations that leave you feeling refreshed and ready to face anything in life.
- Panoramic Douro River vineyards and mountain view
- Outdoor heated saltwater infinity pool
- Sun loungers and parasols
- Sun terrace
- Picnic area
- Open-plan fully equipped kitchen
- Open-plan living
- Dining room with panoramic views
- Flat-screen TV and cable
- Games room with foosball table
- Home office area
- Laundry room
- Parking with electric car charging station (cable supplied) €
- A/C and Wi-Fi
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Bedrooms are petit in size but big on style and comfort. Bathrooms are modern and well equipped, including a freestanding bathtub in the Master Suite which also has twin showers.
MASTER SUITE 1
Sleeps 2-4 – Double canopy bed + sofa bed. Freestanding bathtub. En-suite bathroom with vanity and double walk-in rain head shower.
BEDROOM 2 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2-4 – Double bed + sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain head and handheld shower. Balcony.
BEDROOM 3 – LOWER LEVEL
Sleeps 2 – Two twin beds. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rainhead and handheld shower. Balcony.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, ROBES, TOWELS, SLIPPERS, TOILETRIES, BIDET, HAIR DRYER, A/C, ELECTRIC SOCKETS NEAR THE BED AND WI-FI.
This Douro rental home is a graceful combo of contemporary and traditional elements as though balancing the charm of a village home with the comfort of modern living.
Rental Price Includes
- Continental buffet breakfast
- Weekly cleaning
- Weekly bed linen and towel change
Know Before You Go
- Saltwater pool is open from April to October. Solar panels provide heating, achieving around 22°-26°.
- For a more luxurious experience, this home is best suited for 6 adults or 4 adults with 6 children.
- Lower rates available for two and one-bedroom option for maximum capacity of 4 or 2 adults, on low season, please inquire.
- This area is best enjoyed with a car.
- Parking space allows for up to 4 cars
Staff and Services
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Crib available upon request.
- Board games/puzzles
Books, DVDs, or music for children
- Small play corner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Cooking class, local culture tour, themed dinners, bike tours, walking tours, Water park, Cycling, Hiking, Canoeing, Birdwatching, Stargazing
Additional Services ($€£)
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- In-villa spa service
- Chef for evening meal
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations
- Other services may be available – just ask!