Exquisite villa in Tuscany commanding 60 acres of parkland.
"Simply splendid! Graceful details and fine elegance at every turn!" - Reviewed by Deborah
DEBORAH PERFECT PICK “Simply splendid! Graceful details and fine elegance at every turn in Palazzo Val D ‘Orcia. Soaking in a free-standing bathtub with a glass of vintage vino Nobile di Montepulciano in hand after a hard day at the pool has to be a highlight.”
Four floors of stately refinement at its best! The neo-gothic glamour of this countryside palace is mesmerizing while at the same time soothing and welcoming. It is hard not to feel as though you have stepped foot on a movie set for some grand costume drama where you are about to play the protagonist.
Designer elements and antique furniture dance together seamlessly in this delightful renovation of a 17th-century home. It was brought to life by its owner who turned her hand to interior design following extensive travels and exposure to some of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Other design projects spearheaded by the owner include the renovation of the Hotel Hassler and Il Palazzetto – International Wine Academy, both in Rome.
After traversing a dreamy avenue of trees to reach the grand entrance of this manor house, a pristine hall with mirror-polished marble floors and a dazzling chandelier provides a fitting welcome. To the right, a lavish drawing room with ornate fireplace, books galore and impressive animal trophies lays the scene for a petite reception, while an impressive dining room sets the tone for fabulous gatherings.
Sleeping arrangements are divided between the main house and its optional luxe apartment and a quaint rustic luxe cottage. The top floor of the main house is dedicated to wellness with a sauna and gym.
Outside, breathtaking gardens and 60 acres of parkland surrounds, while an immaculate heated pool awaits with travertine finishes, a bar and areas for both socializing and sunbathing
Without a doubt, this property would make a first-class venue for a wedding or special event. A photoshoot here would be simply stunning.
The location of this all-season villa is perfect for visiting Tuscany’s most cherished attractions, including Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena and Lake Trasimeno. The baths at Chianciano Terme are less than 15 minutes away.
- Wait staff and live-in chef
- Wellness area with Turkish bath, sauna, massage room and gym equipment
- Large, heated swimming pool
- Extensive gardens and parklands
- Top quality furnishings and bed linens
- Antique furniture and paintings
- Grand piano
- Sound system
- Two flat-screen TVs with satellite and DVD
- A/C, Heating and Wi-Fi throughout
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Sleeping in these suites is an absolute treat. Positively regal in ambiance and full of antique furniture and stylish details, comfort rules the day as you bask like royalty.
Each suite has a distinct character. Some feature elegant, four-poster beds, while others boast free-standing, antique bathtubs where you can soak in complete privacy as you contemplate rural views from the large windows. You can enjoy the luxuries of a bygone age with all the advantages of modern comforts.
In the main house, four Double bedrooms are upstairs with a further two bedrooms in a separate apartment that boasts its own living room and breakfast area. A private cottage is available to sleep a further four guests.
The signature bathroom amenities are designed by the owner to compliment her perfume range, Amorvero.
MASTER SUITE 1 – MAIN HOUSE
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size, four-poster bed. Free-standing bathtub, fireplace and walk-in closet. Access to a reading room with shared balcony. En-suite bathroom with chromotherapy shower and twin vanities.
BEDROOM 2 – MAIN HOUSE
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with full-length bathtub/shower combo.
BEDROOM 3 – MAIN HOUSE
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with free-standing sitting bathtub/shower combo.
BEDROOM 4 – MAIN HOUSE
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size, four-poster bed. Walk-in closet. En-suite bathroom with full-length bathtub/shower combo.
BEDROOM 5 – APARTMENT (MAIN HOUSE)
Sleeps 2 – French-size (Double) bed. Walk-in closet. En-suite bathroom with bathtub/shower combo.
BEDROOM 6 – APARTMENT (MAIN HOUSE)
Sleeps 2 – French-size (Double) bed. Walk-in closet and free-standing bathtub/shower combo. En-suite W.C.
BEDROOM 7 – COTTAGE
Sleeps 2 – King-size, four-poster bed. Access to shared patio. En-suite bathroom with shower.
BEDROOM 8 – COTTAGE
Sleeps 2 – Double bed or two Twins. Shares an adjacent bathroom with shower with the living room.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HOTEL-QUALITY SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, BATHROBES, SLIPPERS, SIGNATURE TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYERS, MAKE-UP MIRRORS, HEATED TOWEL RAILS, BIDETS, SAFES, INDIVIDUAL A/C, HEATING AND WI-FI.
Comfort, fine details and exquisite design bring together antique and designer furniture in spaces that are both soothing and inviting. This is a place where royalty would feel at home. Contrary to what you might expect of such a grand home, it is very bright and airy with both natural light and perfectly-designed illumination.
Interiors provide a fabulous drawing room, a spectacular formal dining room and a living room with a grand piano and a large flat-screen TV. Upstairs in the optional apartment, there is another living room with TV.
A large, professional kitchen with central island and everything any good chef could need is open to guests, though, generally speaking, will be the realm of the on-site chef.
On the top floor of the main house, you will find a large wellness area complete with gym equipment, bars, and a trampoline plus a massage room, sauna and Turkish bath.
The cottage has a living area and a lovely fireplace as well as a kitchenette and areas outside for dining.
- Fully-equipped, professional kitchen
- Large, formal dining room
- Living room with grand piano
- Additional living rooms in the upstairs apartment and cottage
- Beautiful log-burning fireplaces
- Wellness area with Turkish bath, sauna, massage room and gym equipment
- TV with satellite
- Surround sound system
- A/C, heating and Wi-Fi throughout
The extensive outside areas of this property deserve special mention. Nearly 60 acres of private land provide guests with ample space for walks and picnics. Landscaped, Tuscan gardens featuring a combination of box shrubs, laurel, cedars, elms, pines and cypress create a lush environment. The gardens overlook an extensive olive grove which serves to produce high-quality olive oil that guests will no doubt enjoy in the delicious cuisine offered at the home.
On the front lawn, a fabulous gazebo provides shade for a lovely al fresco dining area which is equipped for all you might need for glamourous dinners, fresh breakfast buffets and casual BBQs.
The recently renovated pool area is a glittering example of the attention to detail found in this property. Decked in sparkling travertine and adorned with top-quality outdoor furniture, you are sure to bask in luxury under the Tuscan sun here.
- Private heated swimming pool with sunbeds, umbrellas and shower
- Poolside bar and changing tent
- Fully-equipped large gazebo for elegant, al fresco dining for 16+ guests
- Multiple spaces with tables and chairs
- 60 acres of parkland for private walks
- A children’s trampoline sits among the trees
Rental Price Includes
- Welcome aperitif
- Daily breakfast preparation plus lunch or dinner preparatin (groceries $)
- Wait staff
- Daily cleaning
- Linen changes every 3 days
- Wi-Fi connection
Know Before You Go
- There is an extra charge for pool heating and must be requested in advance.
- A mandatory nominal touristic tax per person per night is applicable on all reservations and paid either at check-in or check-out (please inquire for specific information).
- The breakfast / lunch / dinner menus should be communicated to the staff 24 hours before, that’s allows the staff to grocery on time. €
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 have multiple levels – beds are not at same level as bathrooms
- Bedrooms have 2 A/C systems in each to reach very cold temperatures
- En-suite bathrooms are quirky – but this is the charm of the home
- Multi-level property – many small steps throughout
- Pool bathroom with 2 outdoor showers
- 425 steps down to the beach
- 32 steps to a small hamlet located below the house
- Additional fees apply and will be confirmed at time of booking depending on the final number of guests and level of concierge service required for your group.
Staff and Services
- Team of 8 staff including chef
- 2 live-in staff members
- Daily cleaning
- Sheets changed every 3 days
Kids Services & Activities
- Children are welcome though beware lots of antique furniture
- Highchairs and cribs available upon request
- Pool toys
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Shopping, art galleries, restaurants, antiquing, churches, monuments, sightseeing, walking, wineries, museums.
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Babysitting services
- Organizing car rentals
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!