Heaven on the Upper Amalfi Coast!
"My morning coffee was served from a sterling silver coffee pot into a locally-made Vietri ceramic demi-tasse – these are the details I love! ” - Reviewed by Lisa
What makes this stunning hilltop home in Furore on the Amalfi Coast so utterly enticing? Could it be the fresh aroma of juicy lemons and oranges growing in pots on the patio? Or is it the wonderful wisteria climbing happily over pergolas, the banks of flowering geraniums and a market garden full of fruits and vegetables just waiting to be eaten? Maybe it’s the views – they are positively stunning! Perhaps it’s the impeccably restored old fortress complete with narrow slits for the archers’ darts in a historic time long forgotten?
So many wonderful aspects that come together under the blissful Amalfi sun and make the complete whole. Here you will experience luxury living hand in hand with history – a 400-year-old home functioning perfectly in a pristine location.
Ten years ago, a professional couple from Naples turned their attention to an area of the upper Amalfi Coast region somewhat off the tourist track – an area that is intrinsically more authentic than its lower coastal neighbours of Positano, Amalfi and even Ravello. They lavished love and plenty of Euros on their 400-year-old new baby and thought through details that are infrequently found in many private rental homes.
The fruits of their passion are deeply appreciated by any visitor lucky enough to find their home and by the faithful staff who serve so diligently and, I have to say, have one of the world’s more pleasant kitchens to call their workplace!
- Saltwater pool – Jacuzzi
- Interior/exterior living/dining
- Fixed awning over entire main patio
- Outside kitchen with large BBQ, sink, burner
- Outside dining up to 30 for parties
- Interior dining up to 18
- Guest kitchen
- Service kitchen
- Pool kitchen
- Wine cellar
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Fab views of Li Galli and Capri
- Sitting room with fireplace
- Smart TVs in all rooms – Sky, Netflix, YouTube, 4k technology, all languages
- Sound System – can listen to different music in each room
- Large garden room which doubles as a 4-person bedroom
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The creaking old armoire and closet doors do not come at an additional charge, but they do bring a smile to the face! The house is old, deceptively so as it has been so well restored for modern-day living. But many details that are undeniably ancient and oh so romantic cannot be overlooked … none more so than the absolutely-charming bedrooms.
Each is well sized with high dome ceilings and soft-toned stucco walls. Furnishings are a chic mix of well-functioning antiques mixed with a few soft, contemporary pieces and some beach motif coral and pillows – just to remind the guests of where they are.
Beds are large and impeccably dressed in the finest Italian linens – a different subtle shade for each room. Bathrooms are clever – they have been niched out of funky spaces, turrets and towers. The bathrooms definitely have a sense of humour and are sure to bring a smile to the face of any guest lucky enough to use them. Most noteworthy is the one in the Master Suite with its watchtower turned pampering place – a claw-footed tub with 3 distinctly different views: one to the mountainside, one down to the Grotto de Esmeralda (one of the area’s top tourist attractions) and on to Capri. Who wouldn’t want to soak in this tub for hours!
The three principal bedrooms are upstairs and a large garden room on the ground floor can easily be converted into a suite for 4 with private bathroom.
MASTER SUITE 1 – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Access to private terrace with amazing views. Spiral staircase to a rooftop terrace with daybeds. Connecting short tunnel to en-suite bathroom with free-standing tub and bidet.
BEDROOM 2 – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Split en-suite bathroom with short stairway to W/C, vanity and bidet and up a couple more steps to an open shower.
BEDROOM 3 – UPSTAIRS
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Bi-level room with cosy living room with desk and TV plus open bathroom on the lower level. The bed is up a steep flight of stairs on the upper level.
BEDROOM 4 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 4 – Two Kings or four Twin beds. Garden room with access to garden and patios. En-suite bathroom with shower and bidet.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE LUXURY SHEETS, BEDDING AND TOWELS, DAMANA TOILETRIES, ROBES, SLIPPERS, HAIRDRYERS, HEATED TOWEL RAILS, MAKE-UP MIRRORS, WOOD HANGERS, SHUTTERS OR BLACKOUT CURTAINS, MOSQUITO NETTING, SMART TVS, MINI BARS, FRESH FLOWERS, DOUBLE A/C SYSTEM AND HEATING.
Open-air living on the large terrace appears to be the perfect solution for the Mediterranean lifestyle. With endless days of sunshine, blue skies aplenty and views that never cease to amaze, who wouldn’t want to enjoy every moment indulging in the fresh air and breathing in the energizing fragrant air! If the views out over the sea across to the Li Galli islands, Capri and Praiano ever get boring then the Pre-Baroque architecture of the home will always compensate.
Mellow stucco walls radiate good living and a soothing ambience which is reflected in the soft tones of the pale terracotta floor tiles.
At 218 sq meters, the house has ample space for enjoying the traditionally-decorated interiors – many of which highlight original architectural details. The home offers a sophisticated mix of stone ceiling highlights with warm stucco walls, worn marble slab staircases and antique furnishings.
Unique pieces from across Italy have been lovingly restored or reconstructed to work for modern-day living. The best example of this being the old bread oven which today doubles as a perfectly temperate wine cellar.
Without the layers of steep terraces and gardens, the property would still be exceptional – but these many places to relax, hide, read and enjoy make it even more special.
The gardener clearly takes the deepest pride in his work and is evidently very capable as the blooms, blossoms, oversized fruits, vegetables and plant life is absolutely thriving and manicured to perfection.
At first glance, the home’s interior patio – with its potted citric fruits – appears to be the main exterior space. But as you meander through the property, new terraces, shady retreats and grassy lawns all keep cheerfully revealing themselves.
- Salt-water pool (heating extra)
- Pool bar with fridge and sink
- Pool bathroom with W/C
- 2 outdoor pool showers
- Covered/ gazebo terrace with wisteria
- Terrace for kids with awning, see-saw and play area
- Kitchen garden with fresh produce
- Separate gardener’s entrance
Rental Price Includes
- Daily Housekeeping Mon-Fri (except national holidays)
- Daily continental breakfast
- Chef for lunch and dinner preparation (Groceries €).
- Welcome dinner
- A daily private transfer to and from the port of Amalfi
- Daily change of bath and pool towels
- Midweek change of bed linen
- Courtesy Kit
- 24/7 Ambassador service (concierge)
- Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
Know Before You Go
- There is an extra charge for pool heating and must be requested in advance.
- A mandatory nominal touristic tax per person per night is applicable on all reservations and paid either at check-in or check-out (please inquire for specific information).
- The breakfast / lunch / dinner menus should be communicated to the staff 24 hours before, that’s allows the staff to grocery on time. (€)
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 have multiple levels – beds are not at same level as bathrooms
- Bedrooms have 2 A/C systems in each to reach very cold temperatures
- En-suite bathrooms are quirky – but this is the charm of the home
- Multi-level property – many small steps throughout
- Pool bathroom with 2 outdoor showers
- 425 steps down to the beach
- 32 steps to a small hamlet located below the house
Staff and Services
Kids Services & Activities
- Kid-friendly property
- Terrace for kids with swing, see-saw, play area, rope ladders and climbing frame
- Sorry, no pets allowed
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Sightseeing, beach, hiking, swimming, shopping, culture, pool
Additional Services ($€£)
- In-villa chef service
- Round-trip airport transportation
- In-villa spa service
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!
“Italy has my heart and is my second home. I want guests to share in the beauty I see every day. Sometimes it’s the simplest things in life that matter.”