Secluded Rental Villa with Hillside Views near Sintra
"As the light falls on the surrounding hills, they look as though they were painted onto the horizon" - Reviewed by Rita
Contemporary with classic Portuguese elements, this flat-roofed rental villa near Sintra offers the best of both worlds in a five-star location. With plenty of indoor and outdoor space for entertaining and activities, it is ideal for family getaways or groups of friends looking for a mix of cultural inspiration and an escape into nature.
The neutral, comfortable main sitting room overlooks the poolside area and has direct access through large sliding doors. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer sweeping views of the Sintra hills, while also letting in plenty of natural light. This space has a game table for those who like to play cards or board games.
The poolside area is raised from the private garden area and made of pale, natural stone. The result is a defined area with comfortable loungers and stunning views. There is even a high-end BBQ that you can use to prepare relaxed family meals and snacks.
Overall, this Sintra villa is ideal for families with children as it is secure and private. It is also within easy reach of local sites of historical and cultural interest and amenities making it a great launch pad for adventures with friends or family.
- Heated pool
- Outdoor lounging area with loungers
- Al fresco dining
- BBQ (upon request)
- Open plan living room
- Game table and board games
- TV / Sound System
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen
- Laundry room
- Private gated entrance
- Fast charging station for electric cars (€)
- Central heating / heated floors
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
There are three bedrooms on the main floor which have either a king bed or two single beds, and two suites on the lower floor that have two single beds and a sofa bed each. As with the rest of the Sintra rental home, the décor in the bedrooms is minimalist and uses neutral color schemes.
Each bedroom has a private en-suite bathroom with a walk-in rainfall shower and access to either a terrace, a balcony, or the garden. One of the most unique features of this property is the sauna room in the bathroom of the principal suite.
PRINCIPAL SUITE 1 – MAIN FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with double vanities, walk-in rain head and handheld shower, sauna room, bidet. Terrace.
BEDROOM 2 – MAIN FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain head and handheld shower. Balcony.
BEDROOM 3 – MAIN FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – Two Twin beds. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain head and handheld shower. Balcony.
BEDROOM 4 – LOWER FLOOR
Sleeps 3 – Two Twin beds + sofa-bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain head and handheld shower. Terrace and garden area access. Pathway to the swimming pool area
BEDROOM 5 – LOWER FLOOR
Sleeps 3 – Two Single beds + sofa-bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain head and handheld shower. Terrace and garden area access. Pathway to the swimming pool area
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE CLOSETS, HANGERS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, HAIR DRYER, A/C, AND WI-FI.
Large sliding doors ensure a sense of continuity and flow between the interior living areas and the stone tiled poolside area with its sun-drenched loungers and sweeping views.
Step onto the manicured lawn and you will be struck by the feeling that the hills in the distance are too beautiful to be real. They almost seem painted, especially when the sunset lights the hills up at night.
Rental Price Includes
- Housekeeping once a week for stays over 9 nights
- Exit cleaning for stays over 9 nights
- Free parking area
- 24/7 Ambassador service
- Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
Know Before You Go
- This home is best suited to 10 guests (max 10 adults) but can sleep 12 if accompanied by children.
- A great option for long-term rentals.
- An option to make the bedroom balconies more private with a trellis door to inhibit the view of any passersby.
- En-suite bathrooms have floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows.
- Use of the BBQ must be requested (preferably prior to arrival).
Staff and Services
- Housekeeper for stays over 9 days.
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- High-chair available
- Portable crib
- Sorry, no pets allowed
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- All major cultural sites and monuments in Sintra are no more than 3,5 km away from this special place, and some of the best beaches in Portugal are just a 12 min drive away.
- In-villa chef service
- Round-trip airport transportation
- In-villa spa service
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!
"I love my hometown with its beautiful desert landscape where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet!"