Historical townhouse with lavish contemporary interiors
"Historical townhouse with lavish contemporary interiors.” - Reviewed by Deborah
If you have ever wanted to know what it would feel like to live in a medieval town, now is your chance! Take advantage of this unique opportunity to stay in a townhouse that is quite literally part of the original city walls protecting the medieval town of Castelmuzio.
Contrary to what you might expect of an historical home, the interiors of this historic property are lavishly contemporary with a unique mix of antiques and modern furnishings from all over the world. This home successfully challenges the conventional rustic style you find elsewhere in Tuscany and brings an urban edge to the property.
You might think that staying in the thick of a medieval town would be noisy, yet here, the only sound to disturb your tranquility will be birdsong, the clock tower and whatever music you decide to play. Thick stone walls and modern windows ensure your contact with the outside world comes on your terms.
The location is certainly one of the highlights of this home with plenty of options for great dining in nearby villages and towns. Likewise, you can enjoy fabulous cycle routes, tailored wine tasting experiences and more.
This stunning home is particularly suited for people who have been to Tuscany before and want to try something unique or for those who want to be in walking distance of a village. One can easily imagine living here for longer periods and becoming part of the close-knit local community. Honeymooners will also find it a suitable love-nest complemented by Castelmuzio’s quaint and romantic ambiance.
- Historical architecture
- Contemporary designer furniture
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Private garden with plunge pool
- Apple TV and Netflix
- A/C in bedrooms, Heating and Wi-Fi throughout
- 2 Wi-Fi networks
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Bedrooms are decidedly trendy and somewhat lavish with no expense spared on the linens and pillows. Nevertheless, they still retain an uncluttered charm that aids a good night’s sleep.
The attic bedroom is full of character – with exposed beams and a dark, brooding ambience. The highlight is its en-suite bathroom with a claw-foot bathtub.
On the first floor, you will find two large double bedrooms, one of which includes a separate small room with a single bed and closet space that can host an additional person.
BEDROOM 1 – ATTIC
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Two armchairs and safe. En-suite bathroom with freestanding antique bathtub/shower combo and bidet.
Sleeps 2 to 3 – Double bed + small room with single bed En-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower.
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. En-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HOTEL-QUALITY SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, SIGNATURE TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYER, INDIVIDUAL A/C, HEATING AND WI-FI.
Chic comfort is the order of the day in this home fitted with all the luxuries you might need for a lazy Sunday afternoon. In the living room, you can watch DVDs from the home’s 300+ collection or sit in the reading room and flick through one of the coffee table books. Likewise, you might play a board game or two.
The fully-equipped modern kitchen has all you need to cook up a feast and a well-stocked wine cooler features a selection of fine wine you may purchase. The dining room leads from the kitchen and shares a beautiful, two-way fireplace with it.
Outside, the garden is well maintained and surrounded by a privacy wall. There is a medium-size plunge pool plus sun beds on a terrace outside the dining room and kitchen
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Dining room with two-way fireplace
- Apple TV, Netflix and collection of DVDs
- Heating and Wi-Fi
- Plunge pool and sun beds
- Printer available
Rental Price Includes
- Cleaning once a week
- Linen changes once a week
- Wi-Fi connection
Know Before You Go
- Unheated plunge pool in the garden
- On-site parking available but free public parking a short walk away is often preferred by guests
- Overnight stays in Italy’s popular tourist destinations are subject to a daily tourist tax payable to the host upon arrival or check out. Between 1-5 Euros per night per person depending on the location.
Staff and Services
- Cleaning and sheets changed once a week
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome though the home is best suited for adults
- Municipal park directly across the road from the villa
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Shopping, art galleries, restaurants, antiquing, churches, monuments, sightseeing, walking, wineries, museums.
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Babysitting services
- Organizing car rentals
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!