A Stately Sorrento Grande Dame!
"Hours of enjoyment just deciphering the ceiling frescos in this Sorrento villa plus unparalleled service." - Reviewed by Lisa
Elegant and impressive, this large rental home adorning 12,400sqm of private land commands the perfect spot atop a hill with glorious views of Sorrento, the Gulf of Naples, Vesuvius and the islands of Ischia and Procida.
Lush gardens with majestic palms and ancient pines add to the overall grandeur and regality of this stately Sorrento rental home, while manicured flower beds and steeped terraces with traditional citrus and lemon trees are the ideal places to sit and watch the sun go down or enjoy a shady afternoon nap in the heat of the sun. Peace and tranquillity abound throughout the Italian property.
Inside this exceptional home for rent in Sorrento built in 1866 you will note that is has been painstakingly refurbished to offer an air of olde worlde sophistication with all the right high notes of comfort and modernity. Hand-painted frescoes live in harmony with oversized sofa sectionals, antiques with flat-screen TVs.
Airy and impressive interior reception rooms mean that entertaining large families and groups is an impressive breeze with wonderful spaces for all to dine, gather, laugh or just kick back with a good book. All in the knowledge that you have a first-class team of professionals to take care of your every whim. Particularly great for events and weddings upon request (€) and a superb base for sightseeing.
- Infinity pool with jacuzzi (6m x6m – depth: 1.20m)
- Magnificent sea views
- Fully staffed
- Dramatic covered terrace with retractable roof and walls
- Remote access gate to estate
- Satellite TV with multi languages
- Fully fitted kitchen for guest use
- Professional kitchen for staff or catering use
- Pizza oven
- Open-air gym
- Pergolas and patios and al fresco dining areas
- Space heaters for chilly nights
- Gardens with vegetables, fruit trees, lawns and flower beds
- A/C and heat
- Parking place for 30 cars
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Sleeping takes place on the ground and third floor with two very distinct design motifs separating the two though all rooms are well-sized (37-100sqm).
Ground floor rooms showcase vaulted ceilings with an impressive series of frescoes depicting Ulysses journeying the Sorrento peninsular. With classic interiors and heavily distressed handmade bathroom tiles, the whole effect transports you back to ancient times. The third-floor rooms take on the subtle hues found in the local surroundings from dove egg blue venetian plaster walls to ochre, pale apricot and celadon.
It is worth mentioning that bedrooms 6-7 and 8-9 form two incredible suites and the ground floor rooms are interconnecting to create wonderfully large family suites if required. The suite with bedrooms 6 and 7 has two adjacent bathrooms and a shared living room that features a sofa bed and glass staircase leading to a turret with panoramic views, while the suite with bedrooms 8 and 9 has a share living/dining room with sofa bed and a panoramic view of the bay.
Floor plan available upon request
BEDROOM 1 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size bed + single sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity, shower. Living room with single sofa bed. Sea view. Can connect to Bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 2 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size bed + single sofa bed. Large room with claw-foot freestanding bathtub. Two bathrooms with shower. Can connect to Bedroom 1
BEDROOM 3 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size bed + single sofa bed. Two bathrooms with shower. Living room with sofa bed. Can connect with Bedroom 4
BEDROOM 4 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size bed + single sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and shower. Living room with sofa bed. Can connect with Bedroom 3. Panoramic sea view of bay.
BEDROOM 5 – THIRD FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size bed + single sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and bathtub. Sea view.
BEDROOM 6 – THIRD FLOOR SUITE
Sleeps 2-4 – King-size bed + double sofa bed. Large living room with sofa bed shared with Bedroom 7. Adjacent bathroom with shower and vanity. Access to terrace with sea view.
BEDROOM 7 – THIRD FLOOR SUITE.
Sleeps 2 – Two twin beds. Large living room shared with bedroom 6. Adjacent bathroom with shower and vanity. Access to terrace with sea view.
BEDROOM 8 – FIRST FLOOR SUITE
Sleeps 2-4 – King size bed + double sofa bed. Living room with sofa bed shared with Bedroom 9. En-suite bathroom with vanity and shower. Sea views.
BEDROOM 9 – FIRST FLOOR SUITE
Sleeps 2 – King size bed or two twin beds (on request). Living room with sofa bed shared with Bedroom 8. En-suite bathroom with vanity and shower. Sea views.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE CLOSETS, SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, PILLOWS OPTIONS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, TOILETRIES, BIDET, TV, SATELLITE CHANNELS, WIFI, AC AND HEATING.
This stately three-floor Sorrento home occupies an impressive 910sqm and offers plenty of interior and exterior options for partying, relaxing, living and dining.
Reception rooms are graced not only with outstanding sea views but ornately frescoes ceilings and walls, offering ample areas for entertaining, working and quiet time.
With two outstanding professional chef’s kitchens, mealtimes are an impressive affair, as is the first-class service team. There is a professional kitchen on the ground floor with pizza oven that can serve special events and wedding parties, as well as a fully equipped fitted kitchen on the ground floor for guests to use.
Rental Price Includes
- Arrival welcome dinner including beverages
- Daily American breakfast (service and ingredients)
- Arrival grocery pre-stocking service ($ groceries)
- Daily housekeeping and towel change
- Linen change Wed and Sat
- Afternoon butler service
- Turn down service
- Laundry and ironing service on Monday and Thursday
- Unlimited drinking water (still & sparkling)
- 6 bottles from the owner’s wine cellar
- Tourist tax
Know Before You Go
- Excellent base for sightseeing
- Steps and uneven surfaces throughout the grounds
- Some classic style, slightly worn furnishings in ground floor suites
- Ceiling frescos depict nudity
- Rates are for 18 guests in 9 bedrooms but can sleep up to a further 8 guests (26 total) upon prior requests (€ per person, per night)
- Proof of Covid vaccination and/or negative test required
- Pool access from April through October
- Professional kitchen that is only available when used for professional catering and chef service (€)
- Private parking is accessible via a dedicated road with a parallel path.
- Please note winter in Positano is low season, where most restaurants and stores are closed
Staff and Services
- 24/7 Tripwix Ambassador
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Two high-chairs available (upon request)
- Two cribs available upon request
- Small pets considered upon request
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Town centre, Beach, Sightseeing, Boating and water sports, Hiking. Biking, Cycling, Gastro, Wine tours, Shopping
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- In-villa spa service
- Chef for meal preparation
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Italian language lessons
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations
- Other services may be available – just ask!