Luxury Florence Apartment Full of Personality and Frescoes
"Frescoed apartment bubbling with personality in the heart of Florence." - Reviewed by Deborah
DEBORAH PERFECT PICK “A stay here is like a living museum, you’ll dine beneath original frescoes surrounded by antiques just steps from Florence’s cultural and artistic highlights.”
Your cultural exploration of Florence springs to life upon entering this historic apartment. It is believed Pope Clement VIII (Ippolito Aldobrandini) would stay in this building when he visited Florence during his papacy from 1536 to 1605. From the frescoes complete with date markings by artists Vincenzo Meucci and Tommaso Gherardini in the dining room, entrance hall and Master Bedroom to the antique furniture peppered throughout, you get a real sense of classic Italian elegance from a bygone age.
Not only is this apartment a cultural gem unto itself, its location is unbeatable – right in the heart of Florence’s historic centre, a breath away from restaurants, cafés, shops, bakeries, churches and museums. Just 5 minutes or less by foot to Florence’s breath-taking Duomo and right at the entrance to the Medici Chapels, you would be hard pressed to find a more convenient and elegant setting for a Florentine sojourn.
The apartment belongs to a prominent Florentine family who have adorned the residence in antiques over the years and engaged in constant renovations to keep it up to date with modern comforts without losing the charm of the original design. You will also find books for your enjoyment that spotlight the frescoes you will see in the residence.
This historic apartment is a real treat for both culture and comfort buffs.
- In the heart of Florence’s historic centre
- Original frescoes on the ceiling dated 1759
- Antique furniture and paintings throughout
- Large kitchen and breakfast room for cooking classes.
- Quiet despite being in the centre
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The extra-large Master Bedroom is certainly the highlight of this residence when it comes to sleeping. With an ornate cornice crowning the bed and well-preserved frescoes, you might think you have slipped back a few centuries in your sleep when you wake each morning. Climbing a spiral staircase, a twin room offers privacy in the attic with an en-suite bathroom. Twin beds can be made into a double, if requested. A third small bedroom with a private bathroom, which would otherwise be a quiet reading room, can be prepared for an additional guest,
MASTER SUITE 1
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Sofa, closet plus extra storage. En-suite bathroom with marble floors, rain shower, bidet and heated towel rail.
Sleeps 2 – Two skinny Twins can make a Double bed. En-suite bathoom with cubical shower, bidet and heated towel rail.
Sleeps 1 – Single daybed. Private bathroom with free-standing bathtub and shower combo, bidet and radiators.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HOTEL-QUALITY SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYERS, INDIVIDUAL A/C, HEATING AND WI-FI.
Upon entering the apartment, your first impression is sure to leave your jaw agape as you pass through a charming reception room with a small library that is bathed in frescoes. Here, you may choose to read, meditate, write notes about your experiences in Florence or simply enjoy the silence during your stay.
From there, you access a stately living room with impressive, high ceilings and more frescos, adorned by comfortable sofas and a characteristic gallery-mezzanine for decorative effect. The formal dining room could easily host a small gathering of more than 10 guests and, upon request, the apartment can accommodate events and banquets for up to 50 people seated and approximately 100 standing.
The kitchen is very modern, bright and airy and is a great space to enjoy private cooking classes that can be organized with ease.
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Large formal dining room and living room for entertaining
- Antique furniture
- TV with satellite
- A/C and Heating
Rental Price Includes
- Wi-Fi connection
- Full SKY television service
- Daily cleaning
- Sheets changed every 3 days
Know Before You Go
- No free parking but within easy walking distance of all the sights
- Twin Suite can be made into a Queen if necessary.
- Third bedroom is very small but has a private bathroom.
- Best suited for a family or couple.
- Overnight stays in Italy’s popular tourist destinations are subject to a daily tourist tax payable to the host upon arrival or check out. Between 1-5 Euros per night per person depending on the location.
Staff and Services
- Daily cleaning
- Sheets changed every 3 days
Kids Services & Activities
- Kid-friendly property
- High chairs and cribs available upon request
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Shopping, art galleries, restaurants, antiquing, churches, monuments, sightseeing, walking, wineries, museums.
Additional Services ($€£)
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!