Out of Africa
"Haute Afrique! – A Super-Chic, Safari Love Shack Right in the Middle of Madrid!" - Reviewed by Lisa
“Wow! Weird, fantastic, fun…like nowhere else you’ll rent for a city weekend. It needs to be seen to be believed, but the details and quality are outstanding!”
For guests who really want an out-of-the-ordinary experience, I recommend a flight into the realms of fantasy – a weekend break on safari in the center of the Chameri neighbourhood in Madrid.
This was once the warehouse of one of Spain’s leading interior designers. Now, it has been converted into a secret hideaway on the doorstep of a perfectly- respectable Madrileño neighbourhood.
With so many beautiful, authentic African artifacts and design details, the owner decided to let his imagination run wild – quite literally! Zebra skins compete with cheetahs, giraffes and tropical African woods for a back-to-the-days-of-the-savannah feel. No detail is left wanting with fake thatched roofs, reed ceilings, collections, maps and artifacts.
With all the overstuffed sofas and coffee tables, you’ll be spoilt for the choice of where to sit and savour that gin and tonic. A full bar with 3 barstools is another great place to sip a cocktail.
This is a space that makes an ideal dinner party venue or the perfect party place to celebrate something special. But it can also be enjoyed as an unconventional vacation rental by an adventurous pair with a sense of playfulness and originality.
- Large enough for a party for 20-40 people
- Fully-equipped kitchen suited to catering
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Everything you need for a stimulating stay in an African shack! Look past the pullback, zebra-skin curtain (no door) to find a carved bed made of native Balboa wood, zebra-skin rug, huge decorative pillow, books, artifacts and maps.
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. Separate bathroom with shower.
INCLUDES SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, TOILETRIES AND CEILING FANS.
A series of living “rooms” are partitioned with curtains, beams and screens providing lots of places to sit or dine.
The fully-equipped bar has a stove-top and oven. The additional basement kitchen makes catering a cinch.
- Fully-fitted kitchen
- Wine cellar
- Hidden patio
Know Before You Go
- The overhead ceiling fans have an excellent extraction system
- Smoking is allowed
- No A/C or heating but the space is consistently warm or cool – depending on the season.
- Parking garage directly opposite.
- For a homestay, the max allowance is 2 people plus 4 visitors (unless authorized by owner).
- Can be booked as a party place for 20-40.
- Need to be adventurous to enjoy this!
- Please contact us for details.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Art galleries, shopping, sightseeing, museums, gastronomy, nightlife.
Additional Services ($€£)
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Chauffeur-driven transportation
- Private guide
- Grocery shopping service
- Security services
- Private fitness trainers
- Organizing car rentals
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!