Heavenly Family Villa Perched High above Positano
"Discover another world – this is the hidden Amalfi Coast that few have the chance to discover!" - Reviewed by Lisa
Take a trip back to another time, to a place so authentic and charming that it’s hard to remember what stress is… The original family home of a local hotelier, staying here is an experience not just accommodation.
Let’s start with the location. The rental home is nestled in Nocelle, high above Positano (20 mins by car) and is the starting point of the famed hiking trail: The Pathway of the Gods … need we say more… Poised between heaven and earth, loaded with yesteryear charm but offering all mod cons, this Positano home is truly a retreat.
We suggest arriving with a driver (we have conveniently included a full transport package in the villa cost) to your first surprise. The semi-steep path to the home incorporates plenty of dramatic scenery and plenty of steps, so meet the friendly luggage donkey! This part of Italy, with its precipitous terrain, still uses donkeys to move heavy goods.
Entering through the home’s stunning pool patio and trying to tear yourself away from the utterly divine views becomes difficult. A beautifully restored and well-furnished villa awaits. Days in the sun admiring the view turn into balmy nights of alfresco dining amazed by the twinkling lights of Positano below. Here, birdsong and tranquility reign, stresses cease, and the past seems like a very good option.
- Infinity plunge pool
- Panoramic views of Positano and Amalfi coastline
- 500 meters above sea level
- Car and driver
- Terrace with an al fresco lunch area
- Bedroom 5 has independent entrance
- Smart TV with satellite and multi-language channels
- Fully fitted and equipped kitchen
- Oversized angled umbrella on pool patio
- Built in electronics converters for UK and USA appliances/voltages
- Ice machine
- Small wine fridge
- A/C and Heating
- Laundry room
- Mosquito screens
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Elegant bedroom suites sport lovely architectural details, high ceilings and well-sized en-suite bathrooms.
Bathed in beautiful soft light with large patios and balconies, these immaculate rooms feel like sleeping a little closer to heaven!
BEDROOM 1 – SECOND FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – Two Twins/ King-size and sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi hydromassage shower, bidet and heated towel rail. Large panoramic terrace.
BEDROOM 2 – SECOND FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – Two twins/ King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, bidet and heated towel rail. Large panoramic terrace.
BEDROOM 3 – FIRST FLOOR
Sleeps 2-3 – King-size and sofa bed. En-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, bidet and heated towel rail. Two panoramic balconies.
BEDROOM 4 – FIRST FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with bidet and heated towel rail. Large panoramic terrace.
BEDROOM 5 – GROUND FLOOR – INDEPENDENT
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Small room with TV, small en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle and bidet and heated towel rail. Accessed off the pool patio only.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, HAIR DRYER, A/C, FLAT SATELLITE SMART TV AND WI-FI.
Delightful and charming, bright and fresh, this is wonderful home that has uniquely combined country-luxe design elements with all the modern-day amenities you’d expect.
Plenty of outside spaces mingle with crisp interiors offering creature comforts with the added twist of granny’s antiques and accessories. Hand-painted restored antiques with plenty of modern-day flair sit side by side with well-chosen accessories from another time.
A fresh country kitchen with warm terracotta floors opens to the patio and two floors of spacious bedroom suites mean that privacy prevails for all.
Rental Price Includes
- Daily return transport to beach and village for up to 8 guests (additional guests €).
- Daily housekeeping (4 hours)
- Regular linen change
- Luggage porter service
- Final clearing
Know Before You Go
- Steps, steps and more steps. (70 steps) The home is reached by a pedestrian pathway with steps about 300 m (5-minute walk) from parking area
- Luggage service done the old-fashioned way – a friendly donkey will help you with the heavy luggage.
- Concierge available 24/7
- The outdoor pool is heated between October and March (Autumn and Winter only). Max temperature 27-29 Cº (80-84 Fº).
- Unrivalled views of Positano below and the Amalfi Coast.
500 m above sea level, but accessed by winding roads takes approximately 20 mins to the beach
- 5th bedroom with an independent access from the pool patio has limited natural light (in bathroom only).
- It is possible to add two small beds to Bedroom 4 (€)
- Please note winter in Positano is low season, where most restaurants and stores are closed
Staff and Services
- Personal chef (€)
- Valet parking (€)
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Cribs available (€)
- Sorry, no pets allowed
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Hiking, shopping, gastronomy, wine tasting, beach, bars, boat trips, sight-seeing, swimming, water sports, nightlife, culture.
Additional Services ($€£)
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- In-villa spa service
- Chef for evening meal
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations
- Other services may be available – just ask!
“Italy has my heart and is my second home. I want guests to share in the beauty I see every day. Sometimes it’s the simplest things in life that matter.”