Authentic Beach Access Villa Adorned with Folk Art
"Lovely traditional interior design with a fabulous art collection." - Reviewed by Deborah
It’s always a treat to visit rental properties where it is clear homeowners have an emotional connection to their villa. These are the kinds of places packed with collectors’ pieces and original artwork. This 22,000 sq ft (2,044 sqm) beachfront villa is no exception. The Spanish colonial architecture is paired with a detailed interior design concept that showcases a fabulous folk art and painting collection.
Together, the art, antiques, traditional furniture, amazing authentic kitchen and complementary décor make the unavoidable evidence of the passing years seem part and parcel of its charm.
Structurally speaking, it is a gentle giant, cascading 5 levels of hillside to reach the beach in one of the most sought after neighborhoods, walking distance from downtown Puerto Vallarta. When lazing on the pool terrace, enjoying your favourite cocktail prepared in the poolside bar gets old, the expansive interior living area with its high ceiling, ocean views and quaint patio steals the show. The 5-star chef service will also leave your taste buds reeling.
- Heated swimming pool
- Pool terrace with bar
- Direct beach access with shower near entrance
- Ocean views
- Chef and assistant to prepare two meals a day (groceries $)
10 members of full-time staff
- Ample dining and living areas inside and out
- Fully equipped authentic Mexican kitchen
- Home office / Gym (elliptic, bike, weights and yoga mats)
- Original art and folk art
- Two elevators
- Sonos sound system throughout
- Ceiling fans
- AC in the bedrooms
- Laundry and turn down service
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Bedrooms are large by any standards, so much so that the Master Suite is larger than most first-time buyer’s apartments, even when you exclude the adjacent home office/gym. Besides the ocean views and private balconies and terraces, we really loved the quaint bedding, folk art and paintings that gave each suite its own distinct personality.
All bedrooms except Bedroom 7 have kitchenettes with coffee stations while an optional apartment ($) with separate entrance has a king-size bedroom, bathroom, full kitchen, lounge and work area. By adding the apartment to the villa rental, you can bring the total number of bedrooms to 8 with a maximum of 18 guests.
MASTER SUITE 1
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Extra-large suite with lounge and large en-suite bathroom with twin vanities, separate shower and tub, and make-up area. Private furnished terrace and ocean views.
JUNIOR MASTER SUITE 2
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Extra-large suite. Large en-suite bathroom with twin vanities, and dramatic round jetted bathtub/shower combo. Private wrap around terrace and ocean views.
BEDROOM 3 – TERRACE SUITE
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Large suite. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities, separate shower and bathtub. Private balcony over the pool with sea view and side terrace.
BEDROOM 4 – COTTAGE SUITE
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Large suite. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities and twin showers. Private balcony.
BEDROOM 5 – POOLSIDE SUITE
Sleeps 2-4 – Two Queen-size beds. Large suite. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities with open-air shower and jetted bathtub. Private balcony.
BEDROOM 6 – SEASIDE SUITE
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Large suite with lounge area. En-suite bathroom with twin vanities, separate shower and bathtub. Private balcony and ocean views.
BEDROOM 7 – KIDS BEDROOM
Sleeps 2 – Two Twin beds. En-suite bathroom with shower. Private balcony.
APARTMENT – OPTIONAL ($)
Sleeps 2 – King-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom. 951 square feet offering lounge, full kitchen, work area and separate entrance. Balcony with partial ocean views and terrace.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, HAIR DRYER, SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, BLACK OUT SHUTTERS, A/C, AND WI-FI.
Full of character, this Puerto Vallarta beachfront villa is the ideal host. Starting from the ground upwards, easy beach access is a must for any early risers who like to put their best foot forward in search of rock pools and cute coves, while he pool terrace with its bar and shaded lunch area lays the scene for lazy, sunny days basking. The breezy interior grand salon is large enough for even the biggest groups to socialize, dine or wine together, or, indeed, host smaller groups in separate areas. And, for those quiet moments, each bedroom has its own private terrace.
Rental Price Includes
- 5-star meal preparation for two meals and snacks: breakfast and lunch or Breakfast and dinner (groceries $).
- Daily housekeeping
- Towels and sheets changed on request
- Laundry service
- Turn down service
Know Before You Go
- An extra guest apartment can be rented upon request taking the maximum number of guests to 18.
- Two elevators help to make this enormous home manageable, though there are still a lot of steps.
- Wheelchair users would need help entering the villa down a few steps; however, once inside elevator connects all living spaces except the beach to either of the Master Suites.
- Beach is usually sandy but can have pebble days depending on recent swells.
- While time has given this home some characterful wrinkles, great taste and wonderful interior design have kept it totally charming.
- Mattresses are hard in most suites with toppers available upon request.
- Small TV in two master suites and a 40-inch TV can be set up in the lounge area upon request.
- Sorry, no bachelor groups.
- As is typical of a home in a lush area of the tropics, wildlife and insects should be expected. This villa is regularly fumigated; however insects are possible in outdoor areas and if doors are left open, especially during the rainy season.
Staff and Services
- Kitchen assistant
- Maintenance staff
Kids Services & Activities
- Cribs, pack n play and high-chair available. Car seats and baby gates available ($).
- Upon prior request and approval only
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Shopping, sightseeing, restaurants, walking, swimming, nightlife, surfing, stand-up paddle, diving, para-sailing, snorkeling, fishing, whale watching, spear fishing, horseback riding, ATV, zip lines, golf, tennis, yoga
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- In-villa spa service
- Chef for evening meal
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations
- Other services may be available – just ask!
“I might be biased, but Puerto Vallarta is the perfect beach destination with mountains, rivers and cobblestone streets.”