Rustic Villa in Tuscany with Lots of Character
"Rustic Tuscan villa with lots of character.” - Reviewed by Deborah
Privacy, serenity and a big serving of rustic Tuscan charm make this restored farmhouse a delightful choice for a tranquil getaway with your favourite peeps.
Surrounded by breath-taking countryside on all sides, you can easily imagine yourself the only home for miles around. However, you are pretty close to some of Tuscany’s most appealing towns such as Pienza, Montalcino and Montepulciano. It really is a fabulous location for getting lost in that unequivocal rural Tuscan vibe without falling off the radar.
Offering 560sqm (over 6000sqft) of interior spaces, up to 14 guests can get away from it all with plenty of areas for privacy and solitude as well as delightful settings for the whole group to come together for dining, lazing in the afternoon and parties.
One attractive feature for groups is how the property is actually two complete homes joined together. Both wings have a fully-equipped kitchen, dining and lounge areas. Therefore, it is easy for groups to divide into two households, if you so wish, yet still come together for meals and socializing. This set up is particularly attractive when in-laws or two families travel together.
The aquamarine salt-water pool is another wonderful feature to contrast the verdant Tuscan landscape. Long enough that you might choose to burn off some well-earned pasta and tiramisu calories doing laps, it also has an indoor section on one end, which provides shade in the summer and warmth in the cooler months.
Guests who favour sustainable tourism will be pleased to read how this villa has maintained its original architecture and was restored using all sustainable and eco-friendly building materials, with the aim of having the least environmental impact possible. You will see sturdy stonewalls, reclaimed wooden beams and other rustic touches.
- Total privacy
- Seemingly off-the-beaten-track but close to important towns
- 2 Kitchens and 2 living rooms.
- Plenty of outdoor spaces for socializing and dining together
- 6 hectares of private land surrounded by countryside
- Large swimming pool with unique indoor section
- Yoga/Pilates studio
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- AC, Heating and Wi-Fi throughout
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The rustic bedrooms and bathrooms contribute to this home’s definition as a quaint family find, each distinguishable by its own eclectic charm or colour theme. Walls painted with a soft marble finish provide character and a rustic theme. Exposed wooden beams and reclaimed floorboards or brick floors support the rural ambiance for an authentic experience.
Bedrooms are divided between the villa’s two wings. Seven double bedrooms are of equal quality with an eighth optional bedroom located as a mezzanine to the living room in Wing A. While this bedroom is very small, children and teens seem to love it, having fun enjoying their own hideaway. It can, therefore, be used to sleep an additional 2 guests — bringing the maximum number of guests to 16 — or as a play den for kids (or somewhere for a sneaky siesta).
BEDROOM 1 – UPSTAIRS WING A
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size four-poster bed. Desk. En-suite bathroom with round jetted tub/shower combo, double vanity and bidet.
BEDROOM 2 – UPSTAIRS WING A
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom two showers, make-up mirror and bidet.
BEDROOM 3 – GROUND FLOOR WING A
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Access to shared patio. En-suite bathroom with two showers, make-up mirror and bidet.
BEDROOM 4 – UPSTAIRS WING B
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Fireplace. En-suite bathroom with two rain showers, double vanity and bidet.
BEDROOM 5 – UPSTAIRS WING B
Sleeps 2 – Four-poster Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub, separate rain shower, double vanity and bidet.
BEDROOM 6 – GROUND FLOOR WING B
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size or two Twins. Direct access to swimming pool deck. En-suite bathroom with rain shower and bidet.
BEDROOM 7 – GROUND FLOOR WING B
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size or two Twins. French doors leading to shared patio. En-suite bathroom with rain shower and bidet.
LIVING ROOM MEZZANINE – WING A
Sleeps 2 – Two bunks. Shared bathroom with shower and bidet.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HAPPY-GO-LUCKY SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, BATHROBES, TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYERS, HEATED TOWEL RAILS, INDIVIDUAL A/C, HEATING AND WI-FI.
The welcoming and homey feel of this farmhouse is complemented by rustic details throughout such as colourful painted tiles, some authentic period furniture, wooden beams, typical Tuscan bed linens, reclaimed floorboards and a distinct “country” style.
Kitchens are particularly rustic with traditional range stoves and wooden tables where you can imagine decades of happy families bickering over who gets the last slice of pizza.
Socializing and dining al fresco takes the lead in this villa. You can dine as a group or in smaller gatherings outside each dwelling.
The salt-water swimming pool is an absolute treat offering a partially-covered area with a full bathroom.
- 2 fully-equipped kitchens with traditional stoves
- 2 Living rooms
- Large dining room
- TV Room
- Outside dining areas with seating
- Salt-water pool with sunbeds
- A/C, heating and Wi-Fi throughout
Rental Price Includes
- Cleaning every 3 days
- Linen changes once a week
- Wi-Fi connection
Know Before You Go
- Totally private location but great for visiting nearby towns
- Linens and towels changed once a week
- Rustic Tuscan kitchens
- No safe
- Overnight stays in Italy’s popular tourist destinations are subject to a daily tourist tax payable to the host upon arrival or check out. Between 1-5 Euros per night per person depending on the location.
Staff and Services
- Cleaning every 3 days
- Sheets changed once a week
- Chef and other staff available on request
- Gourmet delivery service from local restaurants optional
Kids Services & Activities
- Kid-friendly property
- Highchairs and cribs available upon request
- Mezzanine bedroom is fun for children and teenagers
- Pets considered. Call for details.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Shopping, art galleries, restaurants, antiquing, churches, monuments, sightseeing, walking, wineries, museums.
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Babysitting services
- Organizing car rentals
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!