Stately elegance in a picturesque pastoral setting
"Stately elegance in a picturesque pastoral setting.” - Reviewed by Deborah
Discreetly commanding the undulating hills of the Cabbiavoli agritourism estate, this unique castello — with its medieval tower, 12th-century chapel, spacious villa, conservatory and swimming pool — is an absolute charmer. A distinctly aristocratic air pervades this historical gem that is decked top-to-toe with valuable artworks, antique furniture and fascinating family heirlooms – including an authentic full suit of armour!
More than 600 sqm (almost 6,500sqft) of ravishing interiors sing to the tune of a bygone age. Castello Vallone has been renovated for comfort and fully primed to receive and pamper the most discerning guests – from celebrities to dignitaries to Fortune 500 CEOs. Hollywood actress Julia Roberts is, perhaps, one of the most high-profile guests to have graced its suites and enjoyed its total privacy.
Castello Vallone’s grandeur is by no means overstated; you’ll note a fabulous balance of rustic Italian charm, aristocratic elegance and modern practicality which will make you feel right at home. There is a liveliness about this villa that goes beyond its stately aspect and speaks of all the good times experienced here over the centuries. The games room in the summer house is a case in point.
Perhaps what makes this villa such a top choice is how it combines total privacy and classy comforts with a great location for exploring the Tuscan hotspots. Castello Vallone resides in a prime location in the Chianti wine region for visiting Florence, Siena and San Gimignano (which you can actually see on the horizon from the main garden). Even Pisa is less than an hour away.
Furthermore, if you want to explore the Tuscan hills on your doorstep, it is a great location for cycle rides and walks, while the town of Castelfiorentino is only a 10-minute drive away.
- Swimming pool with loggia
- Conservatory games room
- Antique furniture and paintings
- Totally private and quiet
- Beautiful views
- Wine cellar and authentic ancient olive press
- Landscaped gardens
- Private chapel
- Part of an agritourism estate spanning 120 hectares
- Central location for exploring the Chianti region of Tuscany.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Frescoes, oil paintings, gilded frames, antique furniture, ornate mirrors and decorative cornices give the bedrooms a distinct “boudoir” tenor while brand-new mattresses ensure a good night’s sleep.
More or less equal in terms of size, style and quality, these double bedrooms can accommodate up to 12 adults comfortably.
There are four bedrooms upstairs in the main villa and one ground floor en-suite bedroom that is ideal for guests with limited mobility. The suite in the medieval tower – accompanied by a separate living room with a grand fireplace plus a fabulous rooftop terrace with amazing 360-degree views of the surrounding Chianti countryside – offers additional privacy.
Each bedroom has either a private bathroom across the hallway or is en-suite. Some of the bathrooms feature lovely claw-foot bathtubs and vintage washbasins and all have walk-in showers. Four bathrooms have jetted bathtubs.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Fireplace and balcony. Private bathroom with jetted bathtub, separate shower, twin vanities and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size or two Twins. En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub/shower combo, separate walk-in shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size or two Twins. Private bathroom with free-standing antique tub, separate shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size or two Twins. Private bathroom with jetted bathtub, separate shower and bidet.
BEDROOM 5 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Ceiling fan. En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub/shower combo, separate shower and bidet.
BEDROOM 6 – TOWER
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Fireplace, living room and large private terrace. En-suite bathroom with shower.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE A SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, HOTEL-QUALITY SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, BATHROBES, TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYERS, MAKE-UP MIRRORS, A/C AND WI-FI.
As you might expect from a villa of such grandeur, there are plenty of distinct living areas.
Inside, imposing fireplaces and grand living rooms remind us what family life was like in centuries gone by. An impressive entrance lodge is also home to a TV area which houses a collection of DVDs. A small library offers a place for quiet reflection and a space to write a diary entry or two.
The old-school kitchen with adjacent breakfast room is a fabulous setting for cooking classes. From here, doors open to the outside where guests can have breakfast in the back garden. A more formal dining room is also available inside to host at least 12 people – though most groups prefer to enjoy meals outside.
Behind the chapel, a delightful conservatory is home to the games room, which has billiards and a football table as well as sofas and board games. Outside is a well-furnished area for dining and relaxing beneath the shade.
The swimming pool is hidden in a beautiful setting beneath the landscaped gardens where sun beds take shade beneath the stylish loggia.
- Fully-equipped chef’s kitchen with breakfast room
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas.
- Impressive wood-burning fireplaces
- Two living rooms
- TV area with DVD selection
- Additional private living room in the tower
- Games room with pool table, table football and board games.
- Private south-facing pool
Rental Price Includes
- Daily housekeeping
- Linen changes once a week
- Breakfast preparation
- Wi-Fi connection
Know Before You Go
- Totally private yet part of a lovely agritourism estate
- Unheated private swimming pool
- 3 pet tortoises guard a cute garden where the owner’s dogs are tastefully buried.
- Animal trophies on display
- Extra charge for heating and A/C
- Overnight stays in Italy’s popular tourist destinations are subject to a daily tourist tax payable to the host upon arrival or check out. Between 1-5 Euros per night per person depending on the location.
- Additional fees apply and will be confirmed at time of booking depending on the final number of guests and level of concierge service required for your group.
Staff and Services
- Daily cleaning
- Sheets changed once a week
- 2 permanent staff on site
Kids Services & Activities
- Children are welcome though villa is full of antiques and valuable artwork
- Highchairs and cribs available upon request
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Restaurants, churches, sightseeing, walking, cycling, wineries, museums, hot air balloons.
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Private tour guide
- Chauffeured transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Babysitting services
- Organizing car rentals
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!