Tranquility made material, this luxury villa is for relaxing
"Tranquilly made material, this luxury villa is for relaxing.” - Reviewed by Deborah
Having featured in two episodes of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills television show when protagonists from the series enjoyed a Tuscan escape, this charming home is no stranger to providing VIP pampering and discretion. The incredible country house with extensive gardens and a huge heated pool is a haven of tranquillity in the Tuscan countryside.
The villa comes with its own story. Built in the 1900s for a brother and sister who lived in two adjacent homes, the villa was elegantly restored and made into one property in 2006 by renowned Italian architect Michael Bonan. As a result, the home retains two kitchens and two staircases, while the rest of the home has been merged into one fabulous country house on two floors.
Today, guests enjoy a luxury experience in a villa that is bright and airy with a blend of stylish furniture, antiques and oil paintings. All along the front of the home, French doors create the impression of a summer house or orangery allowing interiors to merge with the outdoors at ease. This villa offers you the choice of air conditioning or throwing the doors wide open to invite a cool breeze.
The large, heated pool and landscaped gardens are a key attraction in this home, which offers a number of areas for dining and socialising outside as well as areas that are perfect for practicing yoga or meditation, making it popular as a venue for retreats of all kinds.
Location wise, it enjoys a privileged setting near the thermal baths of Monticatini Terme in the northern Chianti wine region of Montalbano. It is very well connected to explore both Tuscany and Italy at large. Not only can you reach a number of local tourist attractions by car with ease, the nearby train station in Monticatini provides connections to Milan, Venice, Rome, Naples and Forte dei Marmi, amongst other destination.
Furthermore, just a 5-minute walk and you will reach the Monticatini Terme Golf Course, while La Vecchia Pievaccia Golf Course is also nearby.
- Secluded and private
- 2 fully-equipped kitchens
- Antique furniture and paintings
- Home cinema projector
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Laundry room
- Alarm system
- A/C, Heating and Wi-Fi throughout
- Large outdoor terraces and gardens
- Outdoor swimming pool, heated on request ($)
- Large grass area for football and games
- Live-in staff occupy a cottage on the estate
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
All the guest bedrooms occupy the upper floor and extend the entire length of the villa. One single en-suite bedroom that was originally a service room is on the ground floor and can be used as an additional bedroom for one guest. Ideal if you are bringing a nanny or au pair, and an option if one of your group has limited mobility to climb the stairs.
The bedrooms are rustic in terms of décor and enjoy exposed wooden beams and lovely views of the gardens that surround. Four of the bedrooms share a bathroom, although there are two additional half bathrooms available on the ground floor.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Safe. Bathroom is opposite the bedroom and shared with Bedroom 3: shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Two Twin beds. Safe. Bathroom is opposite the bedroom and shared with Bedroom 2: shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Extra-large room. Private bathroom opposite the bedroom featuring bathtub/shower combo plus separate rain shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. Safe. Private bathroom opposite the bedroom featuring bathtub/shower combo plus separate rain shower and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. Safe and extra-large closet. Access to patio and en-suite bathroom shared with Bedroom 7. Bathroom features bathtub/shower combo plus separate rain shower, twin vanities and bidet.
Sleeps 2 – Two skinny twins. Access to patio and en-suite bathroom shared with Bedroom 6. Bathroom features bathtub/shower combo plus separate rain shower, twin vanities and bidet.
BEDROOM 8 – Optional Service Bedroom
Sleeps 1 – Twin bed. En-suite bathroom with cubicle shower and bidet.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HOTEL-QUALITY SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYERS, INDIVIDUAL A/C, HEATING AND WI-FI.
The whole of the ground floor is dedicated to elegant living areas, with multiple rooms including a large lounge and cinema room with a projector, a library with grand fireplace, two kitchens and a formal dining room. These rooms are filled with natural light from the patio doors that open to lush gardens.
While there are two kitchens, one is particularly spacious and sociable with large French doors leading to a lovely patio where you can enjoy meals overlooking the villa’s vineyard.
The décor on the ground floor emanates classic elegance, with heirloom rugs and oil paintings throughout. The sofas are modern and comfortable, particularly the over-sized sofa set up for watching movies from the DVD collection via the fitted projector with surround sound.
- Two fully-equipped kitchens
- Patio with dining table and chairs for 14+ people
- Large formal dining room and living room for entertaining
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Home cinema projector
- DVD player and collection of DVDs
- Satellite TV
- State-of-the-art sound system
- A/C, heating and Wi-Fi throughout
From the moment you enter the electric gates upon arrival and pass beautiful lawns, grape vines and olives trees, you know this is a special place. The villa’s façade is busy with rose bushes scaling the walls creating an enchanting welcome, while lush gardens surround.
There are so many places for quiet reflection. Why not spend some time alone with your thoughts and the coo of the cuckoo in the distance as you examine the vegetable patch or meditate beneath the pergola in the gardens near the pool? Behind the house is a huge area where you might play football or other fun games.
The swimming pool is certainly a highlight. Large enough for swimming laps, you can also relax on one of the many sun beds that adorn the poolside decking. Families with small children will be pleased to know that the pool is protected by a row of shrubs at some distance from the home, offering some peace of mind.
- Swimming pool, heated on request ($)
- Poolside rain shower
- Pergolas for yoga or lounging
- Multiple outdoor terraces and gardens
- Vegetable garden
- Large grassy area for football and games
- Landscaped gardens full of roses and flowering shrubs
Rental Price Includes
- Weekly cleaning and linen changes
- Wi-Fi connection
Know Before You Go
- Totally private and secluded.
- Pool is heated on request ($)
- Old-fashioned Tuscan house with lovely antiques and paintings
- Estate manager and his wife live in the cottage next to the house.
- Some shared bathrooms.
- Overnight stays in Italy’s popular tourist destinations are subject to a daily tourist tax payable to the host upon arrival or check out. Between 1-5 Euros per night per person depending on the location.
- Additional fees apply and will be confirmed at time of booking depending on the final number of guests and level of concierge service required for your group.
Staff and Services
- Weekly cleaning
- Sheets changed once a week
Kids Services & Activities
- Kid-friendly property
- Highchairs and cribs available upon request
- Pool is separated from the villa by bushes
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Thermal baths, sightseeing, cooking classes, wineries, restaurants, antiquing, churches, monuments, walking, cycling, museums
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Babysitting services
- Organizing car rentals
- Booking tours, excursions and restaurant reservations.
- Other services may be available – just ask!