Fairy Tale 14th Century Castle in Umbria, Italy
"Medieval magic abounds! Here, your Italian vacations morph into a living legend." - Reviewed by Deborah
Get ready to be inspired! This 14th-century sanctuary offers a unique fairy tale experience. Rich in history and flanked by breathtaking rolling hills, prepare yourself for an historic stay and an excellent location to explore Italian art, nature, and culture at its finest in Umbria.
From the traditional fortress walls to the well-tended lawn, to the impressive watchtower, your Italian getaway snaps will have your friends gushing. Play Rapunzel from the watchtower, which overlooks the valley and offers electrifying views; meanwhile, take in some fresh air from the roof terrace.
Coming back down to earth, you can exercise or unwind in the private pool, or simply take in the sunshine on the comfy loungers. Every day, you can enjoy mealtimes in a different spot and even book the in-villa chef to prepare all your meals for you (€).
Without a doubt, this is a unique venue for special occasions, events, weddings or executive team building gatherings. For those planning a destination wedding, the consecrated chapel with its vaulted ceilings, ancient crucifix, and traditional pews will help create a magical setting for your vows. Meanwhile, a large outdoor area is perfect for socializing, cocktail events and reception parties.
- Watchtower rooftop terrace with 360º views
- Private outdoor pool
- Original fortress walls (on three sides)
- Outdoor inner courtyard
- Sundeck with loungers and parasols
- Gazebo outdoor sitting area
- Al fresco dining
- Consecrated chapel
- Living room
- Dining room
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Plasma TV
- Computer and workstation
- Independent entrance
- Ample parking
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
There are four bedrooms in the watch tower, while a 5th bedroom on the ground level is wheelchair accessible. The rooms are thoughtfully adorned with intriguing antiques that further accentuate the traditional décor. Although the rooms are furnished with traditional Italian designs, they have modern amenities to ensure your comfort.
The main suite at the top of the Watchtower has a minibar and direct access to the picturesque roof terrace that offers 360° views, making it an amazing Honeymoon suite if the occasion suits. All bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom with a fine collection of luxury bathroom amenities.
MASTER SUITE 1 – WATCHTOWER
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain shower. Minibar. Desk. Direct access to scenic terrace with 360º castle and valley views.
BEDROOM 2 – WATCHTOWER
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and large walk-in rain shower. Minibar.
BEDROOM 3 – WATCHTOWER
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain shower.
BEDROOM 4 – WATCHTOWER
Sleeps 2-3 – Queen-size bed (extra bed or crib upon request). En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in rain shower. Balcony. Direct courtyard access.
BEDROOM 5 – GROUND
Sleeps 2 – Queen-size bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in shower. Wheelchair access.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HIGH-TECH MATTRESSES, SOFA, CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, LUXURIOUS LINE OF BATH PRODUCTS, TOWELS, HEATED TOWEL RACK, BIDET, HAIR DRYER, A/C, HEATING, PLASMA SCREEN TV, PAY PER VIEW and INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS, TELEPHONE AND WI-FI.
Relax in the outdoor living areas and watch how the sun hits the beautiful fortress walls. Soft lighting and elegant interior décor set the right mood for unwinding. The kitchen is fully fitted and features a little dining area that enables you to eat in. Enjoy a laid-back experience, dine alfresco and interact with nature.
Get some Vit D by lounging in the simple sun deck with parasols that border the pool and effortlessly blend with the royal landscape and lush lawns. Have a game night or enjoy a breezy evening with friends and family in the Gazebo sitting area.
Rental Price Includes
- Continental breakfast
- Welcome dinner (for stays of over 1 week)
- Housekeeping Mon-Friday times a week, 8 hours per day (except national holidays) and exit cleaning.
- Linen and towels change Mon-Friday
- Pool cleaning and towels
- Laundry service (extra laundry €)
- Utilities (electricity, water, heating gas, firewood, Wi-Fi, A/C)
- Concierge service 8 hours per day.
Know Before You Go
- Extra bed or child’s crib can be added to Bedroom 4.
- Bedroom 5 is ground level and wheelchair accessible, including the bathroom.
- Interior living and dining areas accommodates 10-12 guests.
- Events and weddings outside: max120 guests (prior reservation necessary €). There is an in-villa event planning service.
- Food and beverage not included in the rates (deposit required upon check-in). We highly recommend booking the in-villa chef for meals.
Staff and Services
- Chef (€)
- Wedding and event planners (€)
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Children’s cribs can be added to Bedroom 4
- Pets considered upon request (€)
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Assisi, Perugia or Spoleto visiting, wedding planning.
- In-villa chef service
- Round-trip airport transportation
- In-villa spa service
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!