Puerto Vallarta has been "hot" since the 1960's. Nuevo Vallarta has been "cool" since the 1990's.
The sleek and shiny sister next door – Nuevo Vallarta is an up-and-coming vacation hot-spot which has been growing to satisfy the needs of a demanding tourist clientele. Nuevo Vallarta is about convenience and ease of movement – a couple of central arteries take you to wherever you need to be quickly – even at the height of the season.
In Nuevo Vallarta, miles of uninterrupted wide, golden sand beaches flank resort communities and high-rise hotels. This is the perfect location for beachcombing, jogging, walking or bicycling.
As a carefully-planned community, Nuevo Vallarta also offers seven-or-so miles of inland waterways. These create a perfect haven for large, luxurious homes enjoying private water slips and berths for their personal water craft. Nuevo is a yachter’s dream-come-true: the city boasts two of Mexico’s most important marinas and is home to the prestigious Vallarta Yacht Club.
- 25 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- 20 minutes from Punta Mita
- 3-3/4 hour drive from Guadalajara
- Nuevo Vallarta Beach: A great family beach, its waves are just the right size for boogie-boarding and wake-boarding. From here, you can walk for miles – visiting small towns along the way.
- Golf: Nuevo Vallarta offers world-class golf right on your doorstep. Golfers can hit the fairways at two challenging golf courses at Vidanta – one designed by golf great Jack Nicklaus and the other by the legendary Greg Norman. Or, they can tee off at El Tigre, a par-72, tropical-style course at the Paradise Village Beach Resort.
- Water Park: The Aquaventuras Water Park is right at the entrance to Nuevo Vallarta. With 10 waterslides, a swimming pool and the opportunity to swim with, train and care for a dolphin – it’s the ideal spot for a family-friendly outing.
- Spa and Gym: Yoga, exercise gyms and spas where you can be pampered with a number of revitalizing treatments.
- Marina Nuevo Vallarta: Is located just a few minutes away from Puerto Vallarta and the International Airport. It offers marina-front restaurants, stage theater, cafés and art walks.
- Theatre: Stage & Forum Nuevo Vallarta, located on the boardwalk, provides an intimate theater experience with some of Puerto Vallarta’s favorite stars. There’s also a Cineplex movie theatre at the Lago Real Complex.
- Shopping: The Paradise Plaza Shopping Center, located in the Hotel Zone, offers a number of clothing boutiques, a grocery store, banking services and souvenir shops.
- Coming Soon! A Circus Theme Park in Nuevo Vallarta! The Vidanta Resort has partnered with none other than the world-renowned Cirque du Soleil to create an immersive theme park experience in Nuevo Vallarta. The concept is that you’re literally part of the show – surrounded by Cirque artists and attractions that put you right in the middle of the action. The Park is slated to open in 2018.