CONNECT TO “SUPER” MARIO FOR SIGHTSEEING, BEACHES, BOAT TOURS, WATER SPORTS, DIVING, SNORKELLING, RACE CAR TEST DRIVING, CYCLE HIRE, ATVS, NATURE, GOLF, VINEYARD TOURS, GASTRONOMY AND THE BEST TIPS ABOUT THE AREA.
Meet our very own “Super” Mario, a professional luxury ambassador born and raised in Faro in Portugal’s famed Algarve coastline. For the last 11 years, he has been busy making visitors’ dreams come true in the Algarve. His goal: “to give guests the best holidays ever!”
He has provided luxury services for several big personalities including US senators, a UK Prime Minister, famous footballers and football teams, politicians and important businessmen and women from all around the world.
Take a look at what he had to share with us about his role with Tripwix.
What attracted you to your profession?
What makes you the perfect match for the ambassador role in the Algarve?
I was born and raised in the Algarve, so I know all those special places that only locals know. Plus, I have a degree in Tourism and Marketing from Algarve University and an MA in European Tourism Management from Bournemouth University accredited by the Tourism Management Institute. I don’t see it as a job, I have lots of fun doing what I do.
What are your passions?
I’m a sports addict. I played volleyball for 17 years, and — as a true Portuguese — I’m a big football (soccer) fan. I also love music, meeting new people and creating YouTube vlogs about my work and adventures. My biggest passion, however, is my home region in Portugal’s Algarve.
Why do you love the Algarve so much?
I like to say that the Algarve is where the sun spends its winter. It enjoys more than 300 sunny days per year. I love going to the beach, and the Algarve boasts some of the best beaches in Europe. I particularly like going to sunset parties, enjoying a day out on a yacht or going to pool clubs and the best local restaurants. My favourite is heading out on boat parties.
What activities would you recommend to guests?
- The Algarve Caves. Spending the day visiting the caves on a luxury yacht or combining a trip to the caves by speed boat with swimming with wild dolphins are both unforgettable experiences.
- Ria Formosa Natural Park. This park is considered one of the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and I can arrange a stunning luxury yacht tour.
- Gastro tours. Portugal’s cuisine is among the best in the world. I can arrange amazing food and wine tours.
- Old town and historical centre of Faro. I love to show off my city, where I was born.
- Golf. For the past 5 years in a row, Portugal has taken the top position as having the best golf destination in the world according to the World Golf Awards, principally for its 30+ golf courses in the Algarve.
What do you want guests to remember from their vacations with you?
My goal is that they never forget their holidays in the Algarve. The colours of the sky, the smell of the ocean, the texture of our sand. The warm breeze while having an amazing dinner.
What souvenirs should guests look out for?
Wine, handcrafts, Aguardente de Medronhos spirit, porcelains, sweets (figs, almonds), lace and gifts made from cork.
Are there any interesting facts that people are surprised to know about you?
I’m an expert in body language; I just love it. I am regularly invited to give lectures and talks at the University, sharing my knowledge with thousands of people.