Villa in Heart of Douro Valley with private pool and fab views
“Request the housekeeper to prepare nightly dinners - you'll be glad you did! ” - Reviewed by Lisa
What could be sweeter than warm summer days spent in the heart of Portugal’s premier wine district sipping a nice chilled regional wine, that you just picked up from the local vintner, in your private pool with glorious views over the steeped vine terraces below? Or curling up fireside during the Christmas holidays in the cozy living room discussing the merits of a local red superior with wonderful aromas of a traditional local dinner wafting from the kitchen
This completely reconstructed 19th century charming home with its local schist stone walls and all creature comforts makes the ideal getaway both Summer and Winter. Love and care have been lavished on this property with lots of whimsical décor notes that were perfectly thought through for the location.
Built on terraces the property surrounds the central pool terrace and takes full advantage of the magnificent views. With warm wood floors and plush furnishings, you’ll find plenty of places to relax at the end of a long day hiking, sightseeing or wine tasting. A game of pool is a fun way to bring your group together when the sun goes down as is morning chatter around the heavily laden breakfast table. The housekeeper prepares a hearty breakfast daily with all the best the area has to offer, she is also available to cook regional specialties for a dinner.
- Swimming pool with magnificent views
- Fully fitted and equipped kitchen
- Games room with pool table and sound system
- Outdoor dining table
- Safety deposit box
- Satellite TV with 85 channels
- Air conditioning/Heating
- 3 additional beds
- Alarm system
- Covered parking
- Home can be rented with a 4-bedroom sister property very close by for larger groups
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Three well-proportioned rooms offer lots of cozy amenities and well-appointed modern bathrooms.
The home comfortably sleeps six but there are an additional 3 roll-away beds if needed.
Safety deposit box in master.
Extra bed can be added to Bedroom 3 (€)
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. En-suite bathroom with bathtub.
Sleeps 2 – Double bed. En-suite bathroom with shower.
Sleeps 2 – Two Twin beds. En-suite bathroom with shower.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE SHEETS, BEDDING, BATH AND POOL TOWELS, TOILETRIES, HAIR DRYER, TELEVISION, A/C, AND WIFI.
Spectacular picture windows throughout the house leave no mistaking where you are, it really feels as if you’re floating above the Douro Valley with its ever-changing colour scheme.
The home has a wonderful, cozy feel with an eclectic mix of oriental rugs, farmhouse bric-a-brac, rustic antiques, comfy sofas and wine memorabilia. With its central fireplace and games room, it lends itself perfectly to a laid-back visit with family and friends.
Rental Price Includes
- Welcome bottle of Port
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Housekeeping: change of linens and bathroom clean-up as needed 2-3 times a week.
Know Before You Go
- 6Super close to neighboring 4-bedroom home for large groups
- Swimming pool is not heated but gets a lot of sun
- The housekeeper is available to cook regional specialty dinners at an additional cost, (€) we highly recommend this service.
- Dinner with a wine expert available (€)
- We absolutely loved the fantastic daily breakfast with all the wonderful homemade options.
- The owner is very enthusiastic to show off the best the area has to offer and can easily organize typical Portuguese music, dancing and “folklore” shows (€) in addition to lots of regional activities and tours (€)
Staff and Services
- Daily Breakfast
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Highchairs and cribs
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Wine tastings, vineyard visits, Spa treatments, gastronomy, kayaking, sightseeing, restaurants, walking, cycling, Archaeological Park of the Côa Valley, Picnics, Wine tasting dinners with local oenologist, cooking classes, photography classes, river rafting, river fishing, sailing, Riverboat trips
Additional Services ($€£)
- Itinerary planning – pre and post-arrival
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Concierge services
- Babysitting services
- Other services may be available – just ask!