Funky Farmhouse with Private Pool in Secluded Alentejo
“Proximity to the lovely nearby river and the generous size of the living areas make this a wonderful long or short stay home for a couple or small family” - Reviewed by Lisa
A funky farmhouse exuding countryside fun melded with tradition. The Alentejo region of Portugal is renowned for its traditional arts and crafts which are revered today and promoted throughout the world. This comfortable home pays a modern-day homage to the colors and artisan techniques of the past.
A large open living /dining room decked out in hues of green plays off the lush surrounding countryside. The fully equipped kitchen is off the dining room creating a great space for relaxed country living.
Patio doors open to the private pool and deck, ideal for family days in the sun or al fresco dinners under a million stars.
A mezzanine floor houses two cozy bedrooms which transform this playful home into an idyllic rural luxey bolthole.
No vacation here is perfect until you have availed yourself of at least one of the many exclusive experiences available to guests on this exquisite 450-hectare estate with its own renowned winery, Lusitanian horse breeding facility and much, much more…
- Private Swimming Pool
- Access to the 45-hectare estate, restaurant, wine bar and winery.
- Access to exclusive estate activities and countryside pursuits
- Terraces and porches with sun loungers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Tennis court, spa and games room (upon previous appointment)
- Bicycles and helmets – all terrain
- Fishing equipment
- Central heating/underfloor heating and AC throughout
- Television in every room – satellite
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Two super cozy 270 sqft (25m2) full bedroom suites are situated on the first floor, under the eaves. With charming country décor and cleverly arranged open bathrooms, guests will be delighted in the modern-day comfort of spa-like baths yet the romance of big fluffy beds, funky tiled bathroom floors and lovely fabrics in a spectrum of leafy greens.
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with a with freestanding bathtub and vanity. Lovely views over the countryside.
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with a shower and vanity. Lovely views over the countryside.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE HOTEL-QUALITY LINENS, BEDDING, DUX MATTRESSES, TOWELS, POOL TOWELS, TVS, BVLGARI TOILETRIES, IPAD AND BOSE SOUND SYSTEMS, UNDERFLOOR HEATING, AC, WIFI AND MAKE-UP MIRRORS
Enter this spirited space with its high ceilings and fun artisanal lamps, rugs, décor and local artwork and be delighted by the transition from funky to sophisticated all wrapped up in one pleasing package.
The top-of-the-line, open-plan SMEG kitchen is off the dining area with lighthearted green appliances all conforming to the theme and bringing a smile to the face!
Rental Price Includes
- Daily Housekeeping
- Breakfast delivered daily with menus
- Room service available for every meal as well as an option of
- having a Private Chef – menus in-house (€)
- Buggy (golf cart, 2,4,6 passengers) (upon prior appointment)
- Complimentary arrival amenity – fresh fruit and 1 wine bottle (375mls)
- Water, Juices and 2 bottles wine 750ml in minibar
- Guided tour to the property with basic wine tasting
- Access to restaurant and wine bar in the winery
- Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
Know Before You Go
- The house boasts a fully fitted and equipped kitchen without microwave.
- Laundry service is offered through home’s guest services only (€)
- Bedrooms are under the eaves with low ceilings in places.
- Rollaway beds for 2 children upon request (€) allowing up to 6 guests in total with prior reservation: 4 adults + 2 children.
Staff and Services
Kids Services & Activities
- Additional beds and rollways are available by request (€)
- Cots/cribs are available upon request without any additional cost.
- Pet Friendly (€)
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Horse riding, equestrian lessons, (dressage and jumping) wine tasting, hot air balloon rides, skydiving, canoeing down the Guadiana River, romantic Picnics in the vineyards, cooking classes, treasure hunts for children, chocolate tastings, baking bread classes, learning artisanal techniques, hiking, yoga, QUAD bikes, paintball, tennis, archery, off roads jeeps, dancing workshops, pottery classes
- Round-trip airport transportation
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!