Douro Valley Luxury Villa With Vineyard View And Pool
"The best of both worlds – enjoy the privacy of your villa or the nearby facilities of a world class wine and spa resort" - Reviewed by Rita
Indulge yourself with a unique stay in a contemporary villa in the heart of Portugal’s premier wine district, where the Douro River takes centre stage as it snakes its golden waters through vine-covered rolling hills.
Part of a 5-star wine and spa resort, you arrive to a beautifully renovated 19th-century manor house with historical gardens, woodlands, and sweeping panoramas. Head to your contemporary villa and you will find a delicious sanctuary with private pool that is perfect for well-deserved relaxation or to use as a base to explore the Douro Valley. Here, you can immerse yourself in valley life from gourmet river cruises to stomping port wine grapes to visiting prehistoric rock art sites, canyoning, mountain biking, taking helicopter tours and more!
A sense of space abounds in this villa featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors that connect the living space with an outdoor private patio with a sundeck, pool and a gazebo. Locally inspired architecture sets the tone as the interior design blends traditional highlights in a twist of contemporary style that honours the nature that surrounds. The cohesive earthy tones and organic shapes endow a soft fluidity to the whole space, which is quite delightful.
As it stands, the villa is ideal for a family of four or two couples traveling together, however, it can also be rented along with a one-bedroom villa next door for larger groups.
- Private heated swimming pool
- Access to a 5-star wine and spa resort
- Vineyard views
- Counter-current swimming equipment
- Private sundeck
- Shaded gazebo with sunbeds
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen
- Wine fridge
- Dining area overlooking the pool
- Living area with fireplace
- Flatscreen TV
- Independent entrance
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Wood décor coupled with cosy textures and comfy mattresses create an atmosphere of languid relaxation.
MASTER SUITE 1 – GROUND FLOOR
Sleeps 2 – Two Twins or King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with dual vanities and bathtub.
BEDROOM 2 – BASEMENT
Sleeps 2 – King-size bed. En-suite bathroom with vanity and walk-in shower. Terrace access.
ALL BEDROOMS INCLUDE CLOSETS, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS, HAIR DRYER, A/C, AND WI-FI.
This exclusive private villa in Douro features a bespoke living area shaped in a circle with fireplace connected to a dining area and open-plan kitchen with wine fridge.
Rental Price Includes
- Daily housekeeping (except weekends and national holidays)
- Bed linen change every 3 days
- Towel change upon request
- Use of spa facilities (services €)
- 24/7 Ambassador service
- Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
Know Before You Go
- Larger parties may book adjoining one-bedroom villa next door.
- Photos are representative, therefore, the villa you stay in may look slightly different.
- This villa is part of a 5-star resort that can provide additional services (€) such as breakfast, half-board, and full-board as well as access to restaurants with three dining experiences, communal pool, spa with heated indoor pool and chromotherapy, wine library and tastings.
Staff and Services
Kids Services & Activities
- Children welcome
- Day bed available upon request and subject to availability.
- Guests under 14 years old are only allowed in the spa from 9am to12pm and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pet friendly
- Fully trained and well-behaved pets are welcome (Less than 15 lbs. or 7 kg.)
Activities Available On-Site or Nearby
- Restaurants, spa, wine making activities, wine &dine river cruises, visits to local wineries, grape stomping during harvest time, private guided tours on e-bikes, spa, tile painting workshops, prehistoric rock art site in Coa Valley visits, wine library and terrace
Additional Services ($€£)
- In-villa chef service
- Medical doctor on call
- Round-trip airport transportation
- In-villa spa service
- Grocery shopping service
- Tours and excursions
- Fitness personnel
- Babysitting services
- Infant equipment rentals
- Security personnel
- Private guides
- Other services may be available – just ask!
“I want guests to experience the most exclusive services and experiences in Douro but still feeling like they are at home.”