The TripWix Gulet Collection
Aegean and Lycian marinas along the Turkish coast bring an array of fat-bottomed, wooden sailing beauties that would make rock group “Queen” proud! These tall-masted beauties sit firmly in the water and their beams can accommodate the most unbalanced sailor.
These girls know how to wow! Once on board, you cannot believe you’re on a boat! Most guests have enjoyed a sailing or motor boat excursion – but bring on these babes and they score a perfect ten! Wide-beamed, wooden-hulled and decked – they offer classic beauty yet they ride the waves in perfect harmony.
Gulets sit low in the water, which means you are one with the ocean. The landscape meets the sea at eye-level so you get to enjoy the best of both worlds. Slipping in and out of the ocean is easy, jumping aboard the innumerable ocean toys offered by each boat is yet more fun.
Wake up surrounded by crystal-clear waters, watch the fish swim past or dive in and join them, come up for air refreshed and rejuvenated… and that’s just the start of your day! Now, wait till you see the breakfast feast the Chef has prepared, complete with a steaming cup of freshly-ground coffee that is handed to you before you have even dried off from the morning wake up dip.
Life on board is easy and comfortable. Large, luxey cabins make for happy guests and delicious fresh food served alongside surprisingly-good local wines makes for an authentic experience. It’s a whole new dimension – they are so accommodating it’s hard to believe you’re on a boat! They offer large saloons, big cabins and decks for partying, lounging, sunbathing and even BBQs!
We inspected many, many gulets and ketches to compile the TripWix Gulet Collection. These ladies are most definitely the finalists in the Miss Marine World Pageant.
How it Works
Each gulet can sail in Turkish and international waters – meaning they embark and disembark in the Republic of Turkey and can then sail to Greece, Croatia, even as far as Spain! We also offer spectacular Turkish Blue Cruise itineraries.
- The Captain is the master of his ship and what he says goes – for both guest and crew.
- In inclement weather, the Captain will decide on itinerary changes and safety plans.
- Crews are all extremely professional and very discreet.
Food and Beverage
- Food is purchased in advance to cover the first few days of cruising plus contingencies for emergency situations. (Sometimes the weather does not cooperate and getting into a port for provisions may be difficult.)
- Meals on board include a breakfast of meze and cooked items; lunch, dinner and afternoon tea.
- We send you sample menus with an average cost per person (This average constitutes premium meals for guests and simple fare for the crew.)
- Guests provide a list of preferred alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (when a brand is not available we will substitute with the best equivalent)
- Fresh fish and local goods are purchased when and wherever possible.
- Fresh bread is usually made on board.
- All food receipts are settled at cost and out of an advance provision payment. *
Note: If the guests and crew decide to take advantage of a good wind and set sail, food and beverage service will be suspended – all crew-hands need to be on deck until the sails are hoisted and all is ship-shape.
What’s Included in the Rental Fee
- The crew
- Harbour fees in local marinas
- 4 hours fuel per day
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Use of onboard water sports (some additional charges may apply to fuel high-powered toys)
- 24-hr A/C
What’s Not Included in the Rental Fee
- Food for guests and crew – menus are available to choose from
- Fuel over the daily usage
- All mooring and marina expenses in foreign waters
- Additional charges to visit the Greek Islands
- Private marina expenses
- Sales taxes
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Tipping the Crew