Albufeira, Boliqueime and Olhos de Água
"Where the past and present rub shoulders and luxury beach and golf getaways reign supreme." - Reviewed by Lisa
ON-BOARDING STUNNING NEW PROPERTIES AS WE SPEAK!
Got a beautiful property in Albufeira, Boliqueime and Olhos de Água?. Click here.
Looking to book a luxury getaway? Click here.
Bang in the centre of the Algarve, you have the choice between staying somewhere where you’ll see donkeys pulling carts of reeds between fields laden with fruit trees or close to the ocean with shopping, nightlife and attraction close at hand.
Before you discount Albufeira as a tourist trap, rest assured that our job at Tripwix is to find ONLY the most special homes in the most special locations where world-class travellers feel at home.
The magnificent golden beaches of Albufeira are hard to beat anywhere in the world. High gilded cliffs tower over stretches of fine sand, and small hidden coves make the area a beach-enthusiast’s dream. The bustling marina offers restaurants, bars, sailing options and excursions, not to mention great cocktail-hour people watching!
Think rolling hills, tiny white villages, old stone walls and twisty farm tracks flanking orange and pomegranate groves. Stunning sea views abound from the hillside villas.
Loule is the principal inland town of this central area and it seems that every signpost offers an alternative way to get there.
Resplendent in pastel architecture and attractive black and white cobblestone streets, Loulé offers a plethora of art galleries, ceramic shops, boutiques and fab. Portuguese pastry shops.
Olhas de Água
Renowned for its idyllic beach flanked by excellent seafood restaurants Olhos de Água bustles in summer and mellows in winter. This little town is more about families and backyard BBQs than it is about nightlife, but has a stretch of shops and restaurants offering everything from supermarkets to wine stores, Chinese takeouts to gourmet delis.
- 20-30 minutes to Faro International Airport
- About 2.5 hours from Lisbon
- 60 minutes to Spain
EXPERIENCES IN CENTRAL ALGARVE
- Beaches – From endless stretches of golden sand to small dramatic coves, the incredible number and diversity of beach options bring a smile to the face of any beach bum.
- Golf – With renowned courses like Pine Cliffs, with its spectacular waterfront holes to all-handicap suitable tracks, there are certainly more courses within a 20-minute drive than there are days in the week to play them!
- Boating – The most inspiring way to see the coastline is a day-long or sunset cruise. Charter a swanky boat and let us take care of the rest. From champagne to sushi, from flippers to skippers, the unforgettable memories will stay with you forever!
- Gastronomy – In this area of the Algarve, there’s always an option for everybody, with traditional Portuguese tascas serving hearty grilled meats and stews to fresh-out-of-the-water seafood restaurants to international fine dining options.
- Nightlife – Sleepy interior Boliqueime and family-friendly Olhos de Água are only a stone’s throw from a variety of nightlife options, from local pubs to karaoke bars to dance til’ dawn nightclubs.
- Water sports – Crystal clear waters provide endless opportunities for snorkelling, diving, parasailing, and fishing…just to mention a few.