“Kool” and Charming Kalkan
Charming bougainvillea clad streets lined with pretty boutiques, cool concept bars and some very good intimate restaurants all make up a delightful small town that has much to offer those looking for a more elegant experience. With a cozy waterfront flanked with dining options, the choice of whether to sit and people watch by the sea or enjoy some quaint old town architecture is yours.
- 1.45 hrs drive to Dalaman International Airport (DLM)
- 3.5 hrs drive to Antalya International Airport (AYT)
- 25 mins drive to Kas Centre
EXPERIENCES IN KALKAN
- Boat Rides – The optimum way to enjoy the coastline, with hidden bays and breath-taking coves, is a day’s sailing, or motorboat languishing or appreciating a traditional wooden gullet. Memories never to be forgotten
- Water sports – With the brilliant blue, crystal clear seas of the Lycian Coast, diving, and snorkelling opportunities abound. The bay offers ideal conditions for water-skiing (why not take some lessons?) or jumping on a monoski! Canoeing is another Kalkan fave.
- Shopping – A colourful good-sized local market offering everything from organic veggies to crunchy local nuts to the softest Turkish cotton towels and sheets is well worth the visit
- Nightlife – Waterfront laidback lounges with low slung seating or chic cocktail lounges make the ideal spot for watching the sun go down. With plenty of restaurants offering live music and great food, there is a perfect venue for any age group.
- Hiking – The famous 3oo+ mile Lycian Way passes by Kalkan. Well signposted trails lead you through mountain groves to sandy shores, across dramatic valleys and over craggy clifftops. The difficulty level is yours to choose.
- Sightseeing – Patara, an idyllic spot, sometimes almost deserted, famed for its magnificent beach and ancient Lycian city boasting Roman baths, a Byzantine Basilica, a colonnaded main street, and main entrance arch.