’Laid back and lovely with its myriad of pretty islands and elegant yachts, Gocek is a tony boater’s paradise!" - Reviewed by Lisa
Chic and Glamourous Göcek
With a reputation as the jewel in the crown of the South Aegean coast, the small and immaculate village of Göcek attracts all manner of A listers and low-key celebrities. A broad flat main street runs parallel to the waterfront and showcases some high-end boutiques, gourmet shops, champagne bars and exceptionally good local speciality restaurants. With the shimmering waters always calling, the most appealing activities here take place on the sea.
With its well-known marina acting as a jumping off point for a Blue Cruise along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional Turkish gulet expect to find 2,000 to 2,500 yachts cruising between Göcek’s many bays and islands on any clear summer’s day.
- 30 mins drive to Dalaman International Airport (DLM)
- 5 hrs drive Marmaris Airport (QRQ)
- 5 hrs drive to Antalya International Airport (AYT)
- 5 hrs drive to Bodrum International Airport (BJV)
- 5 hrs drive to Kalkan
- 30 mins drive to Fethiye Centre
EXPERIENCES IN GÖCEK
- Boat rides – Whether choosing a day trip on a luxury motorboat picnicking on solitary beaches, a sunset sail on a traditional wooden Turkish gulet, or a longer cruise, the coastline and its hidden treasures is not to be missed.Water sports – Hidden treasures are waiting to be discovered making this an ideal destination for snorkelling and diving or a more energetic water-skiing session on a mill-pond-flat ocean, the choices are plentiful!Shopping – Expect to find one-of-a-kind boutiques, stylish and pricey local leather goods, wine stores with extensive international selections and specialty goods stores offering fresh baked goods, chocolates, ice creams and deli items. The Sunday market is a must see!
Dining – Although Göcek is a small marina village, expect to find some excellent restaurant choices here.