Sayulita’s charming, multi-cultural atmosphere has entranced travellers from all points of the globe. Life here is teeming with tourists and locals alike. All pass through or gather in the village’s quaint plaza which is surrounded by boutiques, coffee shops and all manner of restaurants offering all manner of foods at budgets suited to everybody.
Beach life, nightlife, abundant activities and cultural opportunities abound. You’ll never tire of people watching here as there never seems to be a shortage of something funny or interesting to see.
If you can tear yourself away from the heart of Sayulita, you’ll no doubt end up on the main beach which is just a short stroll from the plaza. This huge swathe of white, sandy beach is famous for its surf break. If you love to surf, this, and nearby Punta Mita, are your Mexican Mecca. If you enjoy the hustle and bustle of a colourful, busy beach – you will not be disappointed, either. However, meander a little further north and you’ll find yourself virtually alone with just the waves and the great offshore breezes for company. This really is a beach resort that has something to offer everybody.
- 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- 15 minutes from Punta Mita
- 3-1/2 hour drive from Guadalajara
EXPERIENCES IN SAYULITA
- Water sports: Surfing, SUP, spear-fishing, diving, snorkeling, parasailing, deep sea fishing, kayaking, sailing, and whale watching (November-March)
- Holistic therapies: This is the ideal location to indulge in personal well-being – body healing, acupuncture, a relaxing massage at home or at the beach to the sound of the lapping waves, spas, yoga and a fitness centre
- Hiking and biking: Miles of safe trails to explore.
- Equestrian activities: Olympic-sized dressage arena, world-class equitation instruction, trail rides, jungle rides
- And ATVS and zip lining on your doorstep